[Easy Blogging] Feature Request: Terminology and other tweaks

These are more of nit-picks, if I may...

I suggest replacing "Wizard Mode" with simply "Wizard". Reason being that currently "mode" is used by "Easy Mode". Using that name for the wizard as well may seem to imply a sibling, modal relationship; like you can be in wizard mode -or- in easy mode. Since this is not actually the case, as the wizard is an option part of the "easy mode", I suggest dropping "mode" or replacing it with something else as far as the wizard is concerned.

Allow users to pick icon packs (or even individual icons) independently from color scheme. The main thrust for this is that I find the default "Dashboard" icon, part of the default blue skin, as not being representative of an actual dashboard. I want to change it but currently there is no simple way to do it. There are some workarounds that come to mind but none are really feasible currently. SO I will not be suggesting how the user may go about it and rather just mention the user scenario to be addressed. OR... provide a more "dashboard" looking icon for the blue color scheme ;-}

• DavidM

Hi Strategerizer,

Good ideas, though I think there may be some viable workarounds. The Admin Text Change plugin would let you change text sitewide throughout your admin back-end. So you could change all occurrences of 'wizard mode' to 'wizard' for instance.

Here are the settings I used to accomplish that in testing it:

You can also create your own Dashboard link to index.php and include your own icon.

Would that work for ya?

• Strategerizer

Hi DavidM,

I am hoping the change to "Wizard Mode" to be helpful to all rather than being my individual preference. If deemed by the developer as a "no" then I'll consider making my own tweak, though I am a bit weary on relying on another plugin to make admin label changes (like if "wizard mode" string is used somewhere else that I am not aware of and where I would not want it to be changed.) Though it is good to know a workaround exists.

I tried creating my own Dashboard button to replace the existing one and encountered roadblocks. 1) I cannot delete existing buttons and 2) The add button functionality does not work yet.

I made the respective feature request and bug report in separate threads earlier today.