Easy Blogging - Question about activation

Soooo....
How can I activate Easy Blogging for ONLY newly created blogs.
When a new blog is created I want them to automatically be logged into Easy Blogging with Wizzard Mode turned on BUT I do not want this to impact existing blogs (i.e. - my 100's of experienced bloggers).
Is there any way to do this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jennifer,

Thank you for the great question.

You could possibly control this using user roles but turning on the wizard full time could very well put them in a loop they cannot get out of causing immense frustration and irritability.

Locking them into Easy Blogging is easy enough - but once again you should differentiate between them using user roles.

You can enforce which roles are affected by Easy Blogging in the Easy Blogging menu selection by going to --> Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Force "Easy" mode for user with this role.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Jennifer
    • The Incredible Code Injector

How about this. (I'm not trying to force easy blogging on or off for ALL blogs - I just want to set the default to "Off" for my existing blogs.)

Is there a place in the database where I can set existing blogs to have
    1. Easy Blogging On/Off
    2. Wizard Mode On/Off

http://testblog111.blogpressdev.com/wp-admin/index.php?wdeb_off

I see this parameter, so I'm assuming it's coming from the database somewhere.

The reason that I want to control this for my existing blogs is that in the Wizard, we are sending people to post IDs that will not work for old blogs. I do not want the Easy Blogging turned on for those blogs by default.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Jennifer,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

I have no idea if that will work or not though if they address the function in this manner i.e. the url you gave, it will work.

It appears you have thought this out for your situation, but the URL thing would need to be tested out.

As far as any other way to manage this, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The latest plugin release (v3.2.4, just released) has the wizard initialization exposed in a filter named "wdeb-wizard-use_wizard". With this version, you can hook up to this filter any custom logic you need to differentiate between your new and old blogs. The return values expected from the filter are simple booleans - returning true will initialize wizard, false will fall back to regular easy mode. Is this perhaps something you can use for your scenario?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.