Easy Blogging Suite Development

Hey all,

I realize there's some shuffling going on with the development of the Easy Blogging Suite. I had been in communication with a dev and had emailed a few issues I found while doing some testing with WordPress 3.0. I figured I'd post them here.

I have tried the Easy-Blogging-Wizard on two separate 3.0 installs and cannot get the latest version working at all. The admin page loads and is customizable, but the wizard doesn't actually present itself when a new user logs in for the first time.

Anyway, other than that, here's my thoughts and things I've noticed thus far. Thanks for all you guys do!

Easy Blogging Admin Plugin
-Using latest version if user is in "easy" mode, goes to their profile page and changes the color scheme (between gray and blue) the changes will not become effective until they switch to "advanced" mode. Then the new color shows up automatically.
-frame.php on line 61 an extra 'p' was added to the word "stops" in the latest version.
-great new CSS stuff. Love the buttons! - very effective. I've made some modifications of my own as well (like making the publish button yellow - I seriously have users who get stuck and can't find this button. Making it yellow really grabs their attention)

Easy Admin Wizard Plugin
-I can't seem to get this plugin to work anymore. I'm going to try it on a different install, but I had the older version working on 3.0-rc-3. Then upgraded wordpress to the final release followed by an upgrade of the admin wizard. Now behavior is erratic. Sometimes the wizard can be manually switched on but it doesn't show the custom steps created in the Super Admin. Other times it doesn't work even when manually adding "wizard_step=0". Can't seem to get it to work automatically for new users at all.
I've made my own modifications to both easy_blogging and the wizard plugin, but I've tried uploading the latest version of both plugins with no changes and now tried to downgrade back to what I had before and neither is working.

Again, tried this on two different installs and both times the easy admin wizard breaks. Using the older version it does come up on one of the installs though.

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

James --

We are currently still working out the 3.0 kinks and thank you for reporting this. Was Easy Blogging the only plugin enabled at the time? Was there any other non-core features installed when the plugin wasn't functioning correctly?

-Michael

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Michael,

On one test server I have the following in mu-plugins:
    easyblogging
    easybloggingwizard
    signup-password
    remove-email-verification

That's it. When a new user/site is created and the first login appears they are greeted with the choice of easy or advanced. Choosing advanced results in the screenshot attached. Also, note that it is showing the default steps even though I have created custom ones through the admin interface for easy wizard.

Thanks!

-james

• Tracy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Also: users are telling me that they are being asked to login again when they try to toggle to the easy blogging dashboard ..... this confuses them as they think they need a different set of credentials to use this feature.... let me know if this should be opened in a new ticket....

• RealWealthTraining
    • Flash Drive

I am having an issue where if you follow a link in the wizard the wizard resets back to the first page of the step. For example we want to use it as a step by step set up for module based system where an instructor uploads 5-6 video modules. So the first step is for them to upload all of their media files. So I set step 1 to be "Step 1: Add Media" and it linked to the add media page. I can select the file to upload, and then it crunches, but when WP tries to load the editor to save the file, the plugin resets the page back to the first step, but it is in a loop of it self. I'm not sure if I am explaining it correctly but here is a link to a screen cast of the problem.

http://secondarytest.nationalreiau.com/2010/07/05/easy-admin-wizard-errors/

Another similar issue is in step 2 I want them to link the media they upload to a pre-created page, so I link step 2 to the pages listing, and if you click on a page to edit it, it reverts back to the begining of step 2. In other words all of the links that one clicks on only result in the step refreshing.

Third if you click out of the quickstart, it opens the easy admin inside of a duplicated version of it self.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Jeremy

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hey RealWealthTraining,

I'm seeing some of the same issues as you. I don't have any trouble with the easy-blogging-admin, but the wizard itself seems to be causing some issues. With the older version I didn't have any users reporting this. As always, it's a good idea to test these things out on a dev install before pushing it live to users. If you have an older copy of the admin wizard, I'd stick with that until an update is available (hopefully soon).

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

anymore updates on the easy blogging suites? My easy admin profile doesn't work anymore after updating wp to 3.0.1 and the latest easy admin suites.

Firefox is telling me that the website is redirecting forever or somesuch nonsense on whatever easy blogging link/menu I click...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.