Easy Blogging to be made responsive?

Now that the WP backend is responsive (well, kind a) will the Easy Blogging interface also be made responsive?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

Let's try to make it responsive by adding the following code in the functions.php file of your child theme.

function easy_custom_admin_styles() {
       ?>
           <style type="text/css">
              @media screen and (max-width: 960px) {
    			#primary_left #menu ul li a span{
    			    display: none;
    			}
    			#wpwrap #primary_left #logo{
    				display: none;
    			}
    			#primary_left #menu ul li{
    			    width: 55px;
    			}
    			div#primary_left{
    			    width: 45px;
    			}
    			div#primary_right .inner{
    			    margin-left: 60px;
    			    min-width: 0;
    			    max-width: 85%;
    			}
    			#wdeb-mode div#wpbody-content {
    				background-size: 55px;
    			}
    		}
    		 @media screen and (max-width: 680px) {
    			 	max-width: 80%;
    			}
    		 }
    		 @media screen and (max-width: 640px) {
    			 	max-width: 70%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 580px) {
    			 	max-width: 65%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 540px) {
    			 	max-width: 60%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 500px) {
    			 	max-width: 55%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 460px) {
    			 	max-width: 50%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 420px) {
    			 	max-width: 45%;
    			}
    		 }
    		  @media screen and (max-width: 380px) {
    			 	max-width: 40%;
    			}
    		 }
                     @media screen and (max-width: 360px) {
    			 	max-width: 35%;
    			}
    		 }
    		 @media screen and (max-width: 340px) {
    			 	max-width: 30%;
    			}
    		 }
             </style>
        <?php
    }
    add_action('admin_enqueue_scripts', 'easy_custom_admin_styles');

There is some code in the above code that will minimize the easy blogging menu on small screens displayed at left side of the screen, the same way as the default admin menu works.

Let me know how it works for you.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• mariusd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Vinod

Thanks for the effort!

Pardon the delay in my reply, but I've only now gotten to experiment with a new site.

Report back:

I should note that I am not using any mobile emulator - I just look at the effect if I scale down the browser window. On that basis, the Easy Blogging dashboard scales down nicely to about 360 px width (except for the Dismiss tickbox - when it's there - which as in WordPress disappears off the right on smaller screens due to incorrect styling).

All in all, a thumbs up from me!

Best Regards
    Marius de L

• mariusd
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Vinod

Apologies for the delay. I did not notice the update and have been without an Internet connection for a while. The situation with regards the dismiss tickbox is much the same as before, though I've found the same issue in the WordPress dashboard itself. I will need to look at Firebug to see which css code is actually applied by the browser. I will get back to you on this one.
    Thanks for the great work
    Marius de L

• Luis N
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi!
    A big +1 for this.

Responsiveness should be a default feature. This is the first time I use EB and it is really a great solution for non wp familiar users. But many want to use it in their phones.
    Hope it becomes responsive!.

• jetmac
    • Recruit

Huge +1!

There are several things which prevent this plugin from being used (at least by my network), one of which is the lack of responsiveness in the design. I'll try that code snippet and see if it works.

Another massive issue is the style itself - it is amazingly dated. Can it be made to use the same styling as the default wordpress dashboard (at least in terms of buttons and meta boxes)?

• jetmac
    • Recruit

Max,

I've seen that -- not what I'm looking for. If it can't understand and accept Pro-Site levels, it won't work. There are dozens of ways to make custom admin menus, but only Easy Blogging has the possibility of providing a solution tied to subscription level.

I'd like a comprehensive back-end plugin that helps my customers -- especially new customers -- set up and get the most from their sites.

I currently manage the dashboard menu with Admin Menu Editor, but it isn't connected to Pro-Sites levels. Nor is it able to integrate tutorials and set-up wizards.

I'm considering building a custom plugin to generate widgets and pages in the dashboard and using Pro-Sites plugin management features to ensure its activation. But, seriously, it would all be so much easier if this plugin was maintained and worked as it's supposed to.

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

I'd like a comprehensive back-end plugin that helps my customers -- especially new customers -- set up and get the most from their sites.

I currently manage the dashboard menu with Admin Menu Editor, but it isn't connected to Pro-Sites levels. Nor is it able to integrate tutorials and set-up wizards.

yeah, a solution that did those things would be great to work with

...seriously, it would all be so much easier if this plugin was maintained and worked as it's supposed to.

=true

I think that since its been two years since my last +1 here that maybe by now I get to add another :wink:

+1

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.