Easy Blogging: Two Seperate Installations - Possible?

I would like to use Easy Blogging on my main site (a multi author site) and subfolder sites (setup by clients) in a multsite setup.

The Easy Blogging menu for the main site would need to be different to the Easy Blogging Menu for the subfolder sites

Is it possible to have two seperate installations:
One for the main site (in root folder)?
One for the rest of the WP sites?

How would I install these plugins seperately? currently I can only see the menu through the network wp admin and not through the main sites wp admin.

Or is it possible to have two menus (I've seen a thread on this and it seems it might not work?)

Or is there a workaround to make this happen?

Many thanks for your help and time.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @itsallwhite

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member! We're glad to have you :slight_smile:

In answer to your post:

Is it possible to have two seperate installations:
    One for the main site (in root folder)?
    One for the rest of the WP sites?

No, it is not possible to have two installations of this Plugin on one WordPress installation.

If you want your sub-directories to have access to the Easy Blogging Plugin, you would have to network deactivate the Plugin from the Super Admin Panel » Plugins.

I will check with the Developer if there is any workaround for what you want to achieve. I will revert back to you at the earliest.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• itsallwhite
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the response.

Are sub-menus going to be added to the plugin?

What would happen if I copied the plugin but changed the names of the files for example?

Does anyone know of any alternative plugins that offer a simplified version of the WP admin area?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.