easy blogging with an event amanger

how do you give 'easy blogging' users access to things like plugins such as Event Calendars and such?
Thanks,
Rob

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Create a new PHP file in your plugins folder and add this:

function add_events ($items) {

$items[] = array (
    		'check_callback' => false, // Custom callback function for access checking.
    		'capability' => 'edit_posts', // User capability needed to access this page.
    		'url' => 'edit.php?post_type=events', // The path to your page
    		'icon' => '*.png', // Full URL to your icon
    		'title' => __('Events', 'wdeb'), // Your link text
    		'help' => __('My Events', 'wdeb'), // A short help string for your link
    	);
    	return $items;
    }
    add_filter('wdeb_menu_items', 'add_events');

Then activate your new plugin, this will add the menu item to Easy Blogging.

• robert55555
    • New Recruit

Thanks Fondeli, but I am unclear unfortunately.

Say I want to use a free event plugin like 'Ajax Event Calendar' or eventually a premium plugin 'Event Espresso', do I need to put your php file inside the individual plugin's folder - or the overall plugins folder.

Can you show an actual php with urls filled out - or do I simply copy and paste your code?

Do I give the php file an arbitrary name?

Sorry for the daft questions,

Rob

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Rob,

You can name the php file whatever you like really, it just helps to name it something you'll easily recognize.

There's more info on the whole plugin writing aspect of this at the following page from the codex:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin

And yep, to add support for other plugins you'd have to go through a similar configuration process.

Many thanks to Fondeli for providing that events snippet though, great that it applies to the exact plugin in reference! Kudos for that, sending rep points your way! :slight_smile:

-David

• Sejler
    • Flash Drive

I need this as well, tried adding the code in the wp-content/plugins folder but i didn't show in the easy blogging menu afterwards. Also tried in the wp-content/plugins/easyblogging/lib/plugins folder but same result.

I just used the code above, I don't have the event plugin installed, but it should create the menu option nonetheless right?

René

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going. :slight_smile:

Have you tried with the latest versions released?

We haven't heard form you on this in a while. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.