Easy Blogging Wizard continuous reloads on step 2 with Internet Explorer 8

I was just testing out the Easy Blogging Wizard with different browsers. With Internet Explorer 8 (Firefox was fine), I saw a problem:

Enter the Quick Start Guide
Step 1 Choose a theme
Clicked button "Click here to continue to step 2"

On this page where I tried to start entering a title for a post, Internet Explorer kept reloading the page continuously which prevented me from entering any characters.

I clicked to Step 1 at this point and all settled down. When I clicked to Step 2 again, the same thing happened again.

Note: Once I left the Startup Guide, I didn't see any way to restart it. The only way to apparently recreate the scenario in the future is to create a new user.

- Scott

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Scott,

You can manually restart the wizard at any time by typing in 'wizard_step=0' after any link in the admin, so for example:
    wp-admin/admin.php?wizard_step=0
    Should take you back to the beginning.

Also, can you test IE 8 in compatibility mode and see what your results are there? I haven't heard anyone reporting this exact issue, but I know with a lot of the javascript in WordPress admin compatibility mode is recommended.

Let us know the results and I'll ask one of the developers to take a look.

Thanks!

• BlueSkies
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I just tried with and without compatibility mode.

I found that the results are the same with Internet Explorer - an endless reloading of the page on Step 2 that prevents me from entering any text.

I also found that the web page for Step 1 does not render correctly in compatibility mode (renders fine in normal mode). I've attached 2 images to illustrate.

Normal mode - Wizard_IE8_normal_mode.png

Compatibility mode - Wizard_IE8_compatibility_mode.png

- Scott

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya BlueSkies,

I'm going to ask our developers to look into this further. We have an update coming out (most likely this week) in preparation for 3.1 and it's possible something added in this will take care of your issue here as well.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

That's odd, I just ran another test with latest beta of easy blogging and latest release of easy blogging wizard and it worked fine.

Try using wp-admin/index.php?wizard_step=0
    and see if that makes a difference. I tried it with admin.php as well and the wizard_step=0 still worked on my tests - although admin.php did come up blank with easy blogging. But that's to be expected as the dashboard isn't an actual area that easy blogging uses.

Give it a try and let us know!

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.