Easy Blogging Wizard Error

We’re having an issue with the easy blogging plugin, in wizard mode when a user updates or saves page or post info, they are reverted back to the first step no matter what page they are on. Any ideas how to fix this?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya kyleb,

I just tested this on my own install and found it working correctly. I’m wondering if the theme could interfere. Could you try setting the theme to twentyeleven and seeing if the results are any different?

Let us know. Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Ok Kyle, doing some research and I found this note from the developer on the behavior of the Wizard. I’m pretty sure the issue is with the actual saving and changing of the post/page.

The wizard was originally intended to work as a step-by-step guide through your back end, thus it tries to keep your users on the step they’re on. Some of the steps made sense to support as two-in-one (such as activating plugins), but others not so much (such as opening posts for editing from a posts list page). If you do need a completely different menu that supports your custom structure, perhaps you may want to look into the “Manage menu items” add-on – it will allow you to completely customize the way the default Easy Blogging menu looks.

• kyleb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thanks kimberly, but I dont think that covers what im trying to do, one step takes them to general setting, next has them edit a page, next has them customize a page, all the steps return them to homepage. I guess I’m really confused what the purpose of the wizard is if it wont support this.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

I don’t know what else could be causing this. If you deactivated all plugins and even put the theme to twentyeleven there’s no reason this wouldn’t work for you.

Is there anything coming up in your php error logs? If we can’t find anything else here then some guest credentials to take a look at this would really help. Please send a message with my name in the subject and a link to this thread along with the credentials through our contact form here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I’ll be happy to take a look and hopefully see what’s going on there. Actually server access would be great as I may need to take a look at the database. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.