Easy Blogging Wizard Options

I am setting up the wizard to lead a new user through the dashboard. They arrive at the "posts" dashboard page in step 3 of 5. While in step 3 I would like them to be able to create and edit posts before moving to step 4. When I try to edit or build a post in the wizard mode at this point, I am redirected back to step 1. Do you know how to fix this?

-R

• rmandmllc

What version of the Easy Blogging plugin are you using?

Most recent version.

What are the steps you placed within the custom Easy Blogging wizard guide to include the URLs?

Step 1) Dashboard

Step 2) Custom Post Type Directory View

Here we would like them to explore, add and edit custom post types. But when you click on a post it reverts back to step 1.

Step 3) Another Custom Post Type Directory View

• aecnu

Greetings rmandmllc,

Thank you for your input which is certainly appreciated but I must admit that the answer Most recent version is about as unhelpful as it can get.

In any event, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us regarding the Custom Post Type Directory View being a menu selection and the possibilities of why it may be giving us a hard time.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav

Hello,

The wizard is meant to keep your users on track and stay on the course mapped by the list of wizard steps. Therefore, any detour from this list of links will cause the plugin to lose its place and, not knowing where to pick up, it'll start from the top. If you want your users to be able to add a new post (or custom post type) during the wizard phase, you can link to the creation page directly in the wizard step, and the publishing should work regularly. If that's not an option for your scenario and you really need the manage-type page access, you may want to look into adding that in the regular Easy Blogging mode, but with menu links customized via the add-on to suit your needs.

• aecnu

Greetings rmandmllc,

With the lead developers input above, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.