Easy Digital Downloads replacement

Hi,

I am trying to simplify all the plugins I use on my sites and I'm hoping WPMU can cover everything I need.

Right now I use Easy Digital Downloads for 1-time transactions. See: http://makeyourbodywork.com/downloads/bare-truth-confessions-personal-trainer/

Someone pays a set price (or chooses from a list of price options), pays, then immediately receives their download.

Can this be accomplished using Marketpress or any other WPMU plugin?

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Dave

I hope you're having a great day!

We don't have any sales plugins where a user can set their own price. But you can certainly use MarketPress and offer s set of fixed prices by leveraging the variations option for the product.

For example, you could create 3 variations of the same product (they all appear for selection on the product page) with 2 different prices like so:

- Option "A" - $10
    - Oprion "B" - $5
    - Option "C" - $0 free!

• Dave
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks again @Patrick.

Just to clarify, this will work for digital products? The video for Marketpress shows physical goods - I just want to make sure I can deliver digital goods this way.

Thanks again for your great help!

• Dave
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Okay - the screenshot you sent looked perfect. But, do let me know if variable prices are allowed for digital products.

Also, a "choose your price" option would be awesome. That's why I went with Easy Digital Downloads in the first place. Works really well :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Dave

Figured out 2 other ways you can get this done with MarketPress. :slight_smile:

Either create an individual product for each price you want to offer, or use coupon codes.

For the 1st option, create identical products for each of the prices you want to offer as choices, with identical description & featured image, and set the price in each one (for ex: $10, $5, $0). See 1st screenshot.

Then use MarketPress shortcodes on a new page to output the description of one of the products, and the add-to-cart buttons for all of them, like so:

[mp_product product_id="235" title="0" image="single" meta="0"]
    <div style=&quot;margin: 50px auto 0; width: 300px;&quot;>
    <ul>
    <li>Get it for $10 - [mp_buy_button product_id=&quot;235&quot;]<br/><br/></li>
    <li>Get it for $5 - [mp_buy_button product_id=&quot;238&quot;]<br/><br/></li>
    <li>Get it FREE - [mp_buy_button product_id=&quot;240&quot;]</li>
    </ul>
    </div>

That would look like the 2nd screenshot below.

For the 2nd option, you could create just the one product set at the maximum price you want to offer (for ex: $10), but then create coupons for discounts and simply list the coupon codes directly in the product description. For ex:

To get this video for only $5, enter coupon code 50off at checkout.
    To get this video for free, enter coupon code 100off at checkout.

Would either of these work for you?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.