Easy Mode creates issues with Viper Quicktags plugin

I am setting up the Easy Blogging plugin and when I switch to Easy Mode, it's creating a problem on the New/Edit Post or Page screens.

I have the Viper's Video Quicktags plugin installed for displaying videos in posts. It adds buttons in the toolbar of the editor for different video sources, such as YouTube, Vimeo, etc. There is an option in the plugin to only display certain ones and I only have two of them selected.

In the normal WP mode everything is fine, but when I switch to Easy Mode, all of the available buttons show up in the toolbar. There are like 13 or 14 of them and it causes the post area to widen, when then causes the right panel to get cut off. I can only see a little bit of the Publish and Preview buttons.

Besides causing a large part of the right panel to be cut off, I don't want all those extra buttons in the toolbar because it will just create confusion. Any ideas on what I can do?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Todd,

I see it too. Easy Blogging loads its own css and that must be messing with the VVQ buttons I think. I think this is something you should take to the VVQ developer. VVQ hides it using css or something I think.

For a quick fix, in the configuration settings on the "Additional Settings" tab there is an option "Show Buttons In Editor On Line Number" choose "New Line". It makes everything look better.

I will notify our developer regarding this :slight_smile:

• Todd Heitner
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK thank you very much. For now I might even use a different plugin since I currently only need to show YouTube videos on this site. I found one that seems to work well and only adds one button. But the workaround you suggested is helpful, I overlooked that setting. Hopefully the developer can find another solution though because I do like VVQ for videos and in the future might want to use a video site other than YouTube.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.