Easyblog - not hiding excerpt meta box in directory

Hi

I am trying to hide the excerpt, trackbacks and featured image meta boxes (admin) from users registered via the directory plugin.

I have selected this in Easyblog however there is no effect.

Is it possible to hide these?

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings Nick,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the Directory plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development.

These following features are controlled by screen options in the upper right hand corner for posts:
    excerpt, trackbacks, discussion (comments)

They can be turned off - but end users can also turn them back on if they access that particular menu.

In Easy Blogging that menu can be turned off by going to Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Show help and screen options --> No

For normal Posts and Pages turning off the features in Easy Blogging does work - but does not appear to change the settings in the special posts of the Directory Plugin.

i.e. Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Editor Settings --> Hide these meta boxes on "Edit Post" pages
    Easy Blogging --> Easy Blogging --> Editor Settings --> Hide these meta boxes on "Edit Page" pages

Therefore I have come to the conclusion without serious custom programming there is no easy way to hide these.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)