Easyblogging Add-on translation

Hi i am using EasyBlogging, i have translated the plugin in Dutch and Turkish. Both works wel.
But when i am activating the "manage menu items" add-onn, my translated menu items disappearing. They are not appearing on the left side of the page.
When i am deactivating the plugin, my menu items are than back.:S

can someone help me ?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings zirt0,

Congratulations on your translations, it sounds like a great accomplishment.

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with the add-on manage menu

This is a first I have ever heard of this issue and believe it is caused by the format change of the menuing system to accommodate custom menu's.

However, I do not know why this would change your translations and therefore I am going to see if I can get the lead developer of Easy Blogging in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin to offer us advice/advise us to what we may be able to do about this issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I hope to get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• zirt0
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

? have temprorary Solution to delete some menu items in the easyblogg dashboard menu?

But im not so good in css.

When i select the menu li with firebug, i can set the menu item to display:none;. This wil delete the menu item(not real delete, only visual). But i do not know how to set it up in css. Because the titles of the li have a space in. ? dont know how to select these.

? tried

#menu ul li [title=Create a new page]{
    display:none;
    }
    This doesnt work because there is a space in the title name. How do select een css title name with a space in it.

Or is there hard coded way to comment menu items? And in where do i have to look?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Unfortunately, while default Easy Blogging menu does allow for multiple translations via standard translation files, the menu items management add-on does not. However, this add-on is a convenience wrapper for the more powerful functionality otherwise provided in the code. This means that you can change your Easy Blogging menu and have your multiple translations, but you'll need to add them using some relatively simple code. If you're interested in this kind of solution, I'd be happy to provide some code samples and guidance.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay, I must have missed your reply asking for more details.

You can manipulate the items in the default Easy Blogging menu by hooking up to wdeb_menu_items filter. This filter accepts one argument (array), which is a list of all menu items. An array of menu items is also expected to be returned from functions processing this filter.

Each menu item is represented as an associative array, with these keys/values:

check_callback: Custom PHP callback that will be called prior to rendering the item, in order to determine if the item should be displayed at all.
    capability: Minimum required user capability to display the menu item. This will be checked prior to "check_callback".
    url: Administrative page url (e.g. edit.php).
    icon: Full menu icon URL.
    title: Main text for the menu item.
    help: Will be shown as tooltip and (optionally) transient help text screen for the menu item.

You can remove a page from the from the default Easy Blogging menu by hooking up to wdeb_menu_items filter and removing an entry from the menu items array. Here is a minimal example:

function my_function_remove_new_post ($item) {
        if ('post-new.php' == $item['url']) return false;
        return true;
    }
    function my_function_filter_menu_items ($items) {
        return array_filter($items, my_function_remove_new_post);
    }
    add_filter('wdeb_menu_items', 'my_function_filter_menu_items');

This will remove the "New Post" item from the menu items array. In this example, the important stuff is happening in the "my_function_remove_new_post" function - it is called once per menu item, passing the item as a parameter. If the function returns "false", the item will be discarded from menu items. If it returns "true", that menu item will be kept.

You can add a page to the default Easy Blogging menu by hooking up to the very same filter, and just adding an entry to the menu list:

function my_function_add_my_custom_page ($items) {
        $items[] = array (
            'check_callback' => false, // Custom callback function for access checking.
            'capability' => 'edit_posts', // User capability needed to access this page. Can be set to "false".
            'url' => 'post-new.php', // The path to your page
            'icon' => 'http://myhost.com/path-to-my/icon.png', // Full URL to your icon
            'title' => __('New Post', 'wdeb'), // Your link text
            'help' => __('Create a new post', 'wdeb'), // A short help string for your link
        );
        return $items;
    }
    add_filter('wdeb_menu_items', 'my_function_add_my_custom_page');

Please note the return $items; statement at the end of the function - all processing functions have to return an array of menu items.

You can place this code in several places - e.g. in a .php file in your wp-content/mu-plugins directory, or your theme's functions.php, or even a full-blown plugin.

• zirt0
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanx VeBailovity,

this helps me a lot,
    one little thing, i have a menu item thats direct the user to appearance>>Header but some themes doens't have this functionality of header. Is there a way to show the header page in Easyblog if this is an option in this theme? or dont show the header page in Easyblog if this is not on option?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Apologies @zirt0, it seems we missed your latest post.

I have requested the Developer's feedback on it, so he should be assisting soon. Unfortunately I am not too sure how to answer you on your question about the header direct, so better to wait for him.

Wishing you all the best!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Just a note to @VeBailovity...

Ve, @zirt0 has this last little question and I was a bit unsure about how to execute it. Any chance you can give advice on this? Thank you!

one little thing, i have a menu item thats direct the user to appearance>>Header but some themes doens't have this functionality of header. Is there a way to show the header page in Easyblog if this is an option in this theme? or dont show the header page in Easyblog if this is not on option?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings zirt0,

Thank you for your patience on this ticket regarding the last request thereof.

Concerning the theme options/header options in Easy Blogging yes you can include them but if they do not exist an error will occur if chosen.

To code this feature into Easy Blogging to determine if this option is available or not to avoid this error will require heavy custom coding and is beyond the scope of this forum though it could indeed be applicably made into a feature request.

This would be best handled by making a new ticket with the applicable title and content something like: Theme Options added to Easy Blogging menu and if the option does not exist then the menu option does not show.

Though this may take longer then useful right now, alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.