easyblogging and custom post types

Hi,

I know EasyBlogging is meant to be just that, easy, but is there any support for (or planned for) custom post types.

I know that I can hard code into EasyBlogging to link to appropriate admin things. But some themes / plugins create custom posts dynamically. Would it be difficult for EasyBlogging to have an option to generate NEW (CSUTOM POST TYPE) and MY (CUSTOM POST TYPE) dynamically?

Alan

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

This is a great question and at minimum a feature request.

Would it be difficult for EasyBlogging to have an option to generate NEW (CSUTOM POST TYPE) and MY (CUSTOM POST TYPE) dynamically?

I am going to see if I can get the lead developer to offer his invaluable insight into this plugin and answer this question directly.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Fullworks

Thank you. I was aware of manage menu items, however when you create a new menu item it is 'static' as in it applies to all themes.

There are several good themes around that create 'custom post types' when selected. For instance they create a custom post type for 'slider items'. There are also plugins, especially ec-commerce, that create custom post types such as 'product'.

If I use 'manage menu items' to create a link to a theme or plug-in specific 'custom post type', then when that theme or plugin is disabled, that link in easy blogger would still exist and would not be functional.

The code required, to dynamically identify custom post types would be approximately. Of course you might want to add an option to EasyBlogging's setting page to 'show_public_custom_post_types'

if (get_option('show_public_custom_post_types')=true) {
        $args=array(
           'public'   => true,
           '_builtin' => false
        );
        $output = 'names'; // names or objects, note names is the default
        $operator = 'and'; // 'and' or 'or'
        $post_types=get_post_types($args,$output,$operator);
        foreach ($post_types  as $post_type ) {
            //   output ADD $post_type  icon and text and link to wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=$post_type
             //    output MY $post_type icon and text and link to  wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=$post_type
        }
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.