Edit address displayed in Google Map?

I can't get the street address quite right by moving the pin (it needs to be 235 XYZ St. and the closest I can get is 215 XYZ St.). Is there a place I can edit the address that gets displayed?
(Oh, and I should add that Google displays an incorrect location when the correct address is entered...)

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya mikemp,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

I haven't seen this error crop up before. The plugin pulls all information from google maps. What happens when you enter in that address or try to drop a pin directly at maps.google.com?

If it works there, but not in the plugin, then we have something we'll need to look at - but my hunch is the error will also exist in google maps itself - which is outside of our ability to control.

Let us know and I'll happily look into this further with ya.

Thanks!

• mikemp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the "welcome," and for the quick response.
    I wasn't clear enough: yes, it starts with a Google problem. They don't map the address correctly (which I hope to fix, eventually), so I can't put the correct address into Google.
    So, I tried dragging the pin to see if it would "land" on the correct street address. Nope... it gets close, but "close" isn't good enough.
    So... my question is / was: is there a way to edit the address that is displayed on the page... but if I understand you correctly, the answer would be "no," because all you're doing is displaying what Google sends over.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.