Edit and Remove Icons missing after 4.3 upgrade

I have noticed that the "Edit (Pencil)" and "Remove (X)" icons are missing after upgrading Wordpress to version 4.3. In previous versions you could always select the image (to show bounding box) and there was a pencil and X above the image. Then you could click the pencil to get to the Image Details where you could change display settings.

Thinking it may be a plugin conflict, I disabled all plugins, but it still was missing. so then I thought it must be my theme, but after switching the theme over to Twenty Fifteen theme, it still was not working. I have reverted back to WordPress 4.2.3, which works.

Is anyone aware of this being a bug, or is there a new way to reach the Image Details dialogue box in the Page/Post editor?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @heartlandhosting,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm using WordPress 4.3 on my test setup and I'm still able to see and use these icons, regardless of currently active theme (see screenshot). I took a look here as well:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Version_4.3

There's no mention of it being changed. That said, I suppose this was an individual issue related to upgrade, however I'm not able to check what's going on since you have downgraded back to 4.2.3.

My suggestion for you then would be to install a clean 4.3 version (e.g. in sub-folder of your domain) as a staging site just to take a look and check if these features are still missing.

Let me know of the results!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.