Edit Author Slug workaround needed

I've been using a plugin called edit-author-slug. After installing Membership, this plugin doesn't work anymore. Do you know why there could be a conflict? Do you know of a work-around? This isn't super-critical for the site I'm working on but I've always considered giving away a person's true login name in the author archives view to be a serious security oversight on the part of WP.

By the way, I had to select the site above as the site in concern since your form would not accept "other" as a valid response to that field.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello Jason!

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Can I ask, since I'm not as experienced with author names in archive lists, if the Display Name field in the User Profile area would not work to conceal the login name? it seems to work on a quick test for me.

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Oh my apologies, I totally passed over the "slug" part!

Does it use a custom permalink structure to hide the author slug? I've never used that particular plugin and looking at the plugin page I cannot see any reason why there would be a conflict.

I see that the developer says there are extra options under the Permalink menu when reading the Support forum there, do you have this?

The membership plugin might be overriding the slugs by creating it's own, I think it may have something to do with the user table, since there is only one, but I cannot be sure since I don't know how the other plugin works :slight_frown:

Wish I had something else to offer, however it will take a coded solution to permanently fix, but I'm not sure on who's end...

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.