Edit auto displayed text & change submit style

Hello WPMU, great set of plugins - thank you. A few questions:

1. How do I change or edit the text that automatically displays: "This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:" & "Password:"?

2. How do I change the look for the submit button?

3. The website is using a theme, is it possible to use their button styling from the shortcode and if so, how can this be done?

4. Can I change the styling so that the text is the size I specify it to be? Can I edit the line breaks? And can I move the submit button below everything?

I am a novice when it comes to coding, so any details you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the page I am editing for reference:
http://omid1.bernalbit.com/quick-connect/

Thanks in advance,
B

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Bryan,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

1: You can do this a couple of ways, you could create a new translation set and translate the string here https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/psc

Or you could edit it within the plugin code if you open up protect-selected-content.php and use ctrl + f on windows and search for "This content", Though any core edit would be lost on a plugin update.

For 2: You can use the css, input { css code here: more here; }

3: Unfortunately not, though you may be able to use the same classes and styles and apply to the above :slight_smile:

4: You could try

form p {
    font-size: 24px !important;
    }

But that would effect all forms with a paragraph tag :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Bryan
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack, thanks for the quick response!

I really am such a beginner when it comes to code, I changed the php file as instructed and received an error. The attached image "Screenshot" shows the error. This is error message has replaced the entire site now, meaning when I go to the homepage (not the page that the password protect script is on) the site is broken.

Also, the second attachment "PhpScreenshot" shows the code that I edited.

Looking forward to learning how to resolve this.

Cheers!
    B

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Bryan,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information, don't worry we'll get this sorted :slight_smile:

Do you have access to a file manager via cPanel? Maybe FTP? If you have access to either delete the plugin, to give you access to your site back.

Then freshly install the plugin as a new download, it appears you was using a normal text editor to make the change, this can cause syntax errors etc, as it applies extra formatting to the code.

Once you've re-installed the plugin, if you could send me FTP or cPanel details to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing, I can make the change for you :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Bryan
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at changing the .php code to learn more about these types of edits. What software options exist for php editing and which one is your top recommendation?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
    B

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Bryan,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile: Happy New Year!

There's quite a few choices and everyone has their favorites, my personal choice is Coda 2 for Mac.

There is also sublime text editor 2.0, soon to release 3.0 which is a very popular choice.

For windows, the ever popular notepad++ is a great choice :slight_smile:

There's also text wrangler and many many more :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.