Edit Auto Pages

Hi,

When I activated the MarketPress plugin and began setting it up it automatically generated 4 pages: Store and 3 sub-pages of Store. I have created a custom page template that I use for most of my standard pages however for the store pages it doesn't work very well. I was able to modify the page template for the Store page but I don't have the option to edit the page template for the sub-pages.

Is there a way I can define the page template to use within the plugin?

As a suggestion you should at the very least offer the ability to choose which page template to use for the sub-pages.

Thanks.

Pat

• wlpdrpat
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Found solution in a previous thread after posting here: (I did search before posting - just didn't find it first time around.)

/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt

Thanks,
    Pat

• Saunt Valerian
    • The Bug Hunter

I had the same problems early on with this and I recently found a workaround to make it smoother and put your MP pages easily inside your existing theme without having to build template files.

I used the Shortcode Exec PHP plugin and created shortcodes using the php snippets for MarketPress (basically, the same stuff you would put into a template file goes into this). You can create as many shortcodes as you like and this makes it pretty flexible. I then simply create the page I want inside WP and use the shortcode. The added benefit is that now I can quickly and easily add additional content around the MP elements on the page. It works just like creating a regular wordpress page.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/shortcode-exec-php/

This is actually how I intend to do all my forthcoming MarketPress work because of the incredible amount of flexibility it offers. Of course, I may just be talking about extra work because MP comes with a number of shortcodes built-in and they will probably offer the same level of functionality. I haven't tested to see if there are limitations with the builtin shortcodes, I just liked using the php snippet.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.