Edit categories page

Hi!

Is it somehow possible to edit categories page? I want to add a slider over the product listings.

Thanks,

Tequaz

• aecnu

Greetings tequaz,

So the categories page is being rendered by the Headway?

I don't want to use shortcodes as I've got 30+ categories and over 2000 products. It would be difficult to add couple of hundreds pages (pagination problem).

Agreed, this would be quite daunting to maintain.

I use Headway which gives me all customization options.

I am not trying to be sarcastic but I do not understand that you are telling me that you are using Headway and that it gives you all the customization options, but you are also asking us how to customize something which should not be happening because you are using Headway "which gives me all customization options" - I am sorry that I do not get it.

However, after briefly visiting the Headway site, I did not see that it was a theme?

I admit I do not understand how headway fits into the picture.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• tequaz

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I will try to write more precisely:

1. After installing Marketpress to my headway themes "Store" page was generated automatically and I have all possibilities to edit it with the simple Wordpress editor.
    2. However it is not true for other marketpress pages, especially categories.
    3. When I add a new product category and add products to this category I can see those products under the link store/products/category/name-of-the-category
    4. How can I edit pages: store/products/ , store/products/category/ and the most important: store/products/category/name-of-the-category/
    5. I can change .../name-of-the-category/ with the CSS with no problem, but I can't edit the page with WordPress editor. Even when I manually create wordpress pages under category links and fill them with some text, slider etc. – I receive simple marketpress product grid without my customizations.
    6. My test website is: http://www.plumeria-fashion.com – you will see two categories in the main menu with the same name. First one is a link to the pages I created with shortcodes (that is how I want to see all my categories, but it is taking to much time). Second one is a link to the same category page – The main question is: how to make the second page look like the first one?

Tequaz

• aecnu

Greetings tequaz,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.