Edit Footer in Business theme

I need to edit the footer text and links in Business theme.

Is there an easy way to do this in Appearance/Theme Options? I cant find it.

I need to replace (WPMU DEV – The WordPress Experts ) with my own and remove the link to WPMU DEV THEME.

Thanks

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there,

I don’t think there is a way to do that easily in the dashboard, but then again, why would you want to? Sure it’s repetitive, like when you talk about WP Experts, everyone knows you’re talking about WPMU DEV, so why say it again, right?

But I wonder if you considered instead making it an affiliate link. That is, you could build your beautiful website with the theme and then if someone were to click on the Affiliate link, they would be directed to our site. If that happens and they sign up, you’ll get paid! Not a bad deal, eh?

As far as making any changes to that specific footer text, it’s probably best to copy the footer.php to your child theme and change away!

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Paul

• jim_meyer
    • Syntax Hero

Not sure if your trying to be funny or sarcastic?

If I make a website for a client useing the Business theme why would I want a WMPU link in the footer?

I dont understand why this is not easily edited in Theme Optioms.

Why would my client want any mention of WMPU in there website.

It should have information on there business with there copyright info.

Are you suggesting that I paid WMPU for a theme that I don't have this little bit of control over (simple footer text).

Attached is a photo:

I would like it to say "Digital Underwriter" instead of "WPMU DEV – The WordPress Experts"

Since I see you are part of the staff:

Where are all promised Video Tutorials and manuals to your themes and plugins?

The ones I find are on WordPress ( I can find those on WordPress ) And the documentation on your Themes are either not present or are very vague and shed very little info on use.Below is quoted from your website.

"Documentation: We're fanatical about great documentation

For every plugin & theme

Get set up in minutes" (where are these ???)

"Over 35 continuously updated, high quality, video user manuals for WordPress. Integrated with the WordPress dashboard, these will guide you and your users through everything they need to know… your training time, costs and effort just got slashed." (where are these ???)

Not sure if I made the right choice going with you guys or if I should continue !

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jim. The videos are intended for you to use to help your clients learn WP. The idea behind White Label is it gives the appearance you produced them.

Some plug-ins have extensive documentation http://incsub-003.com/documents/2012/11/membership-manual.pdf while others are on the site https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/.

Removing the link should be pretty simple in the editor. There are a few business theme so without knowing which one I can’t tell you where.

I do agree you should be able to do this via the WP Dashboard

• idomagic
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I am not sure how the bp-business plays into this…

REPLACE

<a href=”https://premium.wpmudev.org/themes/” title=”<?php _e( ‘WordPress Plugins, Themes

and Support’, ‘bp-business’ )?>” ><?php _e( ‘WPMU DEV – The WordPress Experts’, ‘bp-business’ )

WITH

YourSite.com/” title=”<?php _e( ‘Here is why I am great‘, ‘bp-business’ )?>” ><?php _e( ‘Your company name‘, ‘bp-business’ )

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

HI Jim,

Sorry if I took you off guard. I’m was just playing with taking the links out. I don’t know if there’s any policy on it or not, but I’d probably do the same, if I were you. I love to help people build cool stuff with WordPress and try to build a good rapport. It’s nice, too, when I see the faces of folks I know, like Chad, or @idomagic.

Don’t you love a guy like this? He’s around just trying to help out all the while learning new stuff and meeting cool people. I’m sure you’ll come to appreciate the Community we try to create. I promise to do my best to keep the humor, or attempts at, in check.

To answer your question, the bit that Chad gave you was the link to our site. I’m sure you’ll recognize the <a href= signalling the link, but insead of standard anchor text, you have a PHP language statement. Essentially it’s telling the browser to go look in the bp-business theme folder for information. Sound good? So, you can go ahead and make the changes as applicable for your needs.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Paul

• jim_meyer
    • Syntax Hero

Great to here from all you guys, response time is great.

Was wondering how I can go about building my rep points ?

I would like to become more involved, as I believe becoming more invloved will help build my understanding of WordPress while helping out other newcomers.

once again Thanks !!!

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Chad, bp-business is the name of the folder that has all of the Business theme info. By the way, Jim, you should pull the child theme out of that theme’s folder and make it a sister to the parent in the themes folder. You can consult child parent themes here in the link below.

All of our themes come with a pre-made child theme, but it’ll need a little help from you to get it in the right folder. For more info you can consult our WPMU DEV page on child themes or the WP Codes for child themes.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.