Edit page of form is blank

I went to edit one of my Forminator forms, I wanted to make the submit button conditional to stop accidental submissions and when I set the condition the screen went blank. Now all I see when I click to edit the form is the bottom footer, “built with wpmudev love etc”.

Basically I added a checkbox at the bottom on my form. I then clicked on the submit tab and set the visibility to only show when the new check box was selected. After that I closed the pop up that you edit in and the screen went blank. No refresh, no option to save changes, nothing. the whole form builder is gone.

The form still loads on the front end of the website and I can see it properly listed under Forminator Pro > Forms, but even when trying to export it and adding it to a new site I get the same issue.

Can a search and replace be done on the export code to remove the block of text that sets up the condition for the submit button?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Brad Clarke,

Sorry to hear about the issue encountered regarding this. I tested further in my system and could notice this anomaly, however, this issue only occurs if you don’t click the “Done” button before clicking the “Apply” button.

If done correctly, ie by pressing the “Done”, and then “Apply” it seems to save without any issue. Please check the screenshot:

However, we have reported this workflow, and the issue noticed to our developers and will be looking at improving this workflow.

With the above steps a search, and replace isn’t required when tested in my system. Please let us know if you have any further query. Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Brad Clarke
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Nithin ,

I always use the done button. I tested it again and confirm that using the done button does not solve the problem. viobru was the support agent that created the case, did she submit her screen recording with it? She clicked done as well.

Let me know the next steps

Thanks

Brad

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Hello Brad Clarke

Yes, she added the video in the ticket and I can confirm the issue on my test site as well. I am adding this to the bug report so that the developer can get a clear idea. Hopefully, very soon the issue will be fixed and an update will be released. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Alexandru
    • New Recruit

Hello,

I have encountered the same issue and I managed to fix it. It seems related to conditionals that got messed up somehow. I have exported the “broken” form in JSON format, removed any conditionals rules, and imported it back.

For example, I had entries such :

"conditions": [],
    "condition_rule": "any",

Or this:

"condition_rule": "any",
    "conditions": [
    {
    "element_id": "checkbox-1",
    "rule": "is",
    "value": "interested-in property investing?"
    }
    ],

I removed the condition_rule parameter and emptied the conditions array, leading to this ->

"conditions": [],

I believe it might be an issue in handling the conditions/rules, and that’s why the form is breaking.

Hope this helps!

• Brad Clarke
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Alexandru ,

Sorry for the slow reply. For whatever reason I wasn’t notified of your reply.

I’ve since re-imported a backup of my form and found an alternative to using the conditional submit. I’ll just wait for the Dev’s to release a full fix before I attempt to use a conditional submit button again.

Thanks

Brad

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.