edit profile field not filled when we go Edit profile form

Hello ,

I am using Membership plugin with buddypress Xprofile .we create a profile form,when we open edit profile from the front-end ,there is only first name,email,last name is displayed filled but not the Xprofile filled data displayed,

http://sydneywebsitehosting.com/ibc/account/

///Credentials removed by staff

please check and help me out to resolve the issue.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Minh,

Yes, this is correct – account page doesn’t show information from BuddyPress profiles – only the four basic information from the WordPress profile. However you can edit them from account page – but they will be shown in the Profile page that comes from BuddyPress.

So for test account profile fields can be found on this page http://sydneywebsitehosting.com/ibc/members/yogendra-gmail-com/profile/

Account page is only visible to user logged in and it purpose is to handle memberships invoices and payment.

Please note that this is public forum and credentials shouldn’t be posted here – I removed them already.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @minh

I hope you are doing good.

Membership plugin is not a social network plugin, nor it has such feature. As Kasia mentioned, the account page is only for logged in users, an user can’t see other user’s account page. Sorry for the confusion.

If you have xprofile fields in BuddyPress, you will be able to edit those from account page, but you can’t see in that page or other users can’t see in your account page.

If you want to edit xprofile fields from account page, please go to Dashboard > Membership > Addons and enable profile fields addon.

Then go to Dashboard > Membership > Settings > Profile Fields and for every xprofile field row select “optional” or “required” for “Profile Form” column. Then users will be able to edit those fields from edit account form.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.