Edit Profile Page Formatting – New Issue

I have added the following custom CSS code to facilitate a change to several fields.

#buddypress .standard-form p.description {

margin-top: -12px;

font-size: 12px !important; }

It is working perfectly, with one exception.

field_1 doesn’t work. I need the margin-top to be 0px for that one field.

Can you tell me please how to code it correctly to just apply to field_1

Thank you.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Mary ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

What is page link where I can see these files in action ? It’ll help me to identify CSS selector which will be need to target first field. :slight_smile: Please include page link here, and we will have solution for it. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Milan

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Sorry Dimitris, I activated BP XProfile Christian Gays User Sync and it removed username and put in an extra first name and last name.

It’s back to the original now.

Actually I have resolved this problem but now I am having trouble with the Basic Member Search sidebar widget because it uses the same fields. How can I leave the custom css for the Edit Profile page but reduce the padding-top to 10px for just the widget fields of location, age and username. Thank you.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Mary,

hope everything's going well for you today! :slight_smile:

I'm kind of confused, I have to admit. In your Custom CSS section I can see this

which gives descriptions a margin-top: 0 instead of -12px; that you referred.

This zero top margin is already in place for field_1 too.

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? Which white space you want to eliminate? A sketch would be ideal in order to get this right! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Dimitris

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

The Edit Profile page is the way I want it but the Basic Member Search uses the same profile fields, and the spacing that works for the Edit Profile page is being imposed on the widget.

I want to leave the Edit Profile page exactly as it is, but I need to reduce the padding-top for Location, Age and Username in the sidebar widget.

Screenshot shows sidebar widget (too much space between fields) and Edit Profile page (perfect).

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hi Mary,

thanks for the clarification here! :slight_smile:

I just added in Appearance -> Custom CSS (bottom lines)

/* WPMU DEV start */
    .widget_bps_widget .editfield {
    padding-top: 0!important;
    }
    /* WPMU DEV end */

and the members search widget seems to have proper margins/paddings.

Have a good one,

Dimitris :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.