Edit Taxonomy does not give all Post Type options to choose from

Via Classifieds plug-in, I added new taxonomy. During the Add New use case, I saw all the available Post Types to choice from. When I try and edit the taxonomy, only a portion of the Post Type option are listed.

My work around has been to only Add New and Delete taxonomies.

I was previously trying out ContentPress, but deactivated it per the Classifieds instructions. I only mention that encase it might be impacting this behavior.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi soberhood,

I'll ask one of the developers to stop in and take a look at this but for a start, did you initially create any of these post types with CustomPress before switching to Classifieds?

Are those maybe the post types that are missing from the list?

Thanks,
    David

• soberhood
    • Flash Drive

Hey David

Use Case: Edit Taxonomy by selecting Post Type
    The only post types to choose from are:
    attachment
    revision
    nav_men_item

Use Case: Add a Taxonomy
    All post types I would expect to see are available to choose from
    attachment
    revision
    nav_men_item
    incsub_wiki
    housing (a post type I created using ContentPost which is now deactivated)
    classifieds
    questions
    answers

This is true for pre-loaded taxonomies, such as classifieds_categories, as well as taxonomies that I created.

I created taxonomies via Classifieds/Content Types

Previously, I did create taxonomies via ContentPress, but I deleted those taxonomies after I deactived ContentPress to avoid any errors.

I am using Mac/Chrome 11.0.696.65, but see the same behavior on Safari

Again, my work around is to only use Add and Delete. Since this is a new site, I can easily live with that. If it was an established site, it would have been painful.

If you do evolve Classifieds to be able to play nice with ContentPress and Directory, I would like to use taxonomies across Post Types

Cheers -- Jason

• soberhood
    • Flash Drive

I am accustom to using the automatic wordpress update feature to update plugins. My dashboard/updates indicates that all my WPMU Dev plugins are up to date even though I am still running Classifieds 2.0.1 So, if I am not using the automatic update feature, what is a safe way of updating through the front end? Do I simply de-activate the old version and install the new version?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.