edit the header to be higher, to fit in login fields

I'm trying to insert login fields into the header of the studio theme as my users find the dropdown login panel a bit confusing!

I've played around and created some code that works, however actually placing the code somewhere that looks right is the challenge...

I'd like to extend the height of the header (first section) so that I can fit the login fields in and still have room for the custom logo to be within the first section of the header. Any tips?

My code is:

<div align="right">
<?php
get_currentuserinfo() ;
global $user_level;
if ($user_level> 0) { wp_loginout(); } else { ?>

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="wp-login.php" method="post">
        <FONT COLOR=#213365>Login <input type="text" name="log" id="user_login" class="text input" value="<?php echo attribute_escape(stripslashes($user_login)); ?>" size="20" tabindex="10" />
       Password <input type="password" name="pwd" id="user_pass" class="text input" value="" size="20" tabindex="20" /><?php do_action('login_form'); ?></FONT COLOR=#213365>
    <input name="rememberme" type="hidden" id="rememberme" value="forever" tabindex="90" />
        <input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="wp-submit" class="submit" value="<?php _e('Login'); ?> »" tabindex="100" />
</form>
<?php } ?>
</div>