Edited wp-config.php and now my site doesn't work

I was trying to change something but now my site doesn't work. I downloaded the sample wp-config.php from wordpress.org so where do I get the information to place within it?

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@truelux Ask your host :slight_smile:

IF you have Cpanel then just log in and go to Mysql you will get the user name and pass there for the DB

WP-config look for
    // ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //

Authentication Unique Keys and Salts.
    https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/

just some tricks i have learned over the years reminder they work on BlogLines.co.za but they may not work on your website

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');
    define('WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true);
    define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', false );
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    define('EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS', 0 ); // zero days
    define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);
    define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If you still dont get it right rename your wp-config.php and then go to your site you will then be prompted to fill in your DB details once done log back in to your site and see if it all is working if yes then add the define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); to your WP-config and then log back in to the site and go to the bottom of the page and set up your MULTISITE.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

What exactly did you change in wp-config.php? Do you have a backup (you should)?

If not, try downloading the default wp-config.php from WordPress.org, add the multi-site line and the correct database credentials and over-write your edited version.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.