Editing a pre-built contact form

I am using a theme called MediCenter for the web site http://www.superslowla.com. It includes a form that's hard-coded in their contact_form.php to be used for doctor appointments, and I need to change field names to fit my use. I created a new contact_form.php script in my child theme to protect the original and edited that file. Apparently I have not revised the form correctly because it neither processes the PHP script nor returns an error. Can someone take a look and see if there is an obvious problem?

• Sajid

Hello grtgrfx,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

It is returing the validation errors to me when I try to submit the form without filling out any fields there.

I then filled out all the fields correctly with demo content and its sent successfully or atleast given a green success message after submission.

So to me, this seems to be working.

However, instead of messing with a code of the contact form of a theme, I would prefer using a plugin to create forms. There are lots of very good free plugins out there to create web forms. My favourites are Contact Form 7 free and Gravity Forms paid.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.