editing a word document within wordpress

Hi,
Are there any wordpress plugins that will let you view, edit, save, and download microsoft word documents on a wordpress site?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @cornelius_butler!

There's a Docxpresso plugin that seems to be a good choice. It's based on a Docxpresso API and can open documents from LibreOffice and OpenOffice. I'm not sure about the level of "compatibility" with MS Office formats - in that sense, that I'm not sure if it supports possible options fully - but it should allow essential editing. The downside is that, as far as I understand it, the .doc/.docx files (so native to MS Office Word) must first actually be converted to .ods/.odt files, which means they would have to be first opened and saved with LibreOffice or OpenOffice.

The plugin is available for free from wp.org plugin repository so I suggest that you just take it on a test drive to see if it meets your requirements :slight_smile:

You will find it here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/docxpresso/

Text from MS Word can also be just copied and pasted to WP Editor but that's a different thing than editing a MS Word editor. I must say I don't know of any dedicated MS Word docs editor plugin for Wordpress and I didn't find any in wp.org plugin repository so I think the aforementioned Docxpresso might be as close as you can get.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.