Editing and "Ended Ad" from the Ended Ads page doesn't work

I am not sure if this is a bug or what. Here is a description of what is happening using the Classifieds plugin. I go to an ad and click the end ad button. The ad ends like it should. Then I go to the "Ended Ads" page and there is my ad that ended. All is working fine so far. The problem is when I try to edit the ad from the "Ended Ads" page. WHen I click edit add to edit an ad (from the Ended Ads page) it takes me to a blank page instead of the edit ad form.

How do I fix this?

If I edit and ad from the Active Ads page it works fine.

Thanks for your help!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello mccawphoto,

I just tried out the plugin on BuddyPress. Here is what I did.

I created a new add and tried editing it. Worked fine.
    I ended the add. Then tried editing it. It worked fine as well. Now this is where you have issues, right?

Try these:

- Switch to the default BuddyPress theme and see if works for you there.
    - Try disabling other plugins and then see if it works fine. If it works fine, go back and enable the plugins one by one, and check if its working each time you enable a plugin. When it ceases to work, you got the culprit plugin.

Let me know the results. I will stand by for you :slight_smile:

Arun Basil Lal

• mccawphoto
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I disabled all plugins except Classifieds but it didn't fix the issue. I didn't try switching to the default BuddyPress theme because this is a Wordpress site so I wasn't sure about that. I also wasn't sure what you meant by the "default BuddyPress theme". Is that the theme that comes with the BuddyPress installation or the theme that comes with the Classifieds plugin. How do I switch to it? It doesn't show up in the Wordpress Themes area.

Thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello mccawphoto,

I thought you were using BuddyPress (a social networking package from WordPress, I hope you have heard of it).

I just tried out the stuff on a test installation of WordPress and I got the same issue as well. Great that you bring this up, looks like a bug in the plugin.

I will notify the developer regarding this and lets see what he thinks. Hopefully he will roll out an update fixing this one!

Arun Basil Lal

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Note to Andrey:

Hello Andrey,

I tested this out. First with BuddyPress and then with a Standard installation of WordPress, all latest versions, all plugins disabled and all WordPress supplied themes. The plugin worked just fine on BuddyPress, but gave the same error as for @mccawphoto. Here is what I did.

- Installed plugin
    - Created a new classifieds ad from the front end
    - Tried to edit the ad. Works fine.
    - Ended the Ad and went to the ended ads page
    - Tried to edit the ad. Works on BuddyPress. On WP, it takes me to a blank page and that's it.

Hope you can re-create the issue, let me know how I can be of more help!

Arun Basil Lal

• mccawphoto

The problem isn't in the dashboard, it is when I am logged in and trying to edit an ad that has ended and is on the "Ended Ads" page. So when I am logged in an viewing the website and I am in the My Classifieds area and on the Ended Ads page it doesn't work. So the url for the page I am on is: http://www.classifieds.domainname.com/classifieds/my-classifieds/?ended. This also happens when I am on the Saved Ads page: http://www.classifieds.domainname.com/classifieds/my-classifieds/?saved.

Is that helpful?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Found it. In ui-front/general/page-my-classifieds.php around line 182.

<?php query_posts( array( 'p' => get_query_var('cf_post_id'), 'author' => get_current_user_id(), 'post_type' => array('classifieds') ) ); ?>

change to

<?php query_posts( array( 'p' => get_query_var('cf_post_id'), 'author' => get_current_user_id(), 'post_type' => 'classifieds') ); ?>

That should fix it.

• mccawphoto

It seems that this isn't working again. But this time it is only not working on the Saved Ads page, it is working fine on the ended and active ads pages. I upgraded to the latest version of the plugin v2.1.6 on 3/15/12. When I click the "Edit Ad" button on the Saved Ads page I am taken to a blank page and there isn't a form to edit the ad.

Ideas how to fix this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

Any chance that after the update that you checked:

Found it. In ui-front/general/page-my-classifieds.php around line 182.

<?php query_posts( array( 'p' => get_query_var('cf_post_id'), 'author' => get_current_user_id(), 'post_type' => array('classifieds') ) ); ?>

change to

<?php query_posts( array( 'p' => get_query_var('cf_post_id'), 'author' => get_current_user_id(), 'post_type' => 'classifieds') ); ?>

To see if indeed it was included in the recent update?

Just trying to help.

Cheers, Joe

• mccawphoto

I did check that. I just double checked again and here is what is there:
    <?php query_posts( array( 'posts_per_page' => $__classifieds_core->cf_ads_per_page, 'p' => get_query_var('cf_post_id'), 'author' => get_current_user_id(), 'post_type' => 'classifieds') ); ?>

The wierd thing is that now it is working on the "Ended Ads" page but not the "Saved Ads" page.

• mccawphoto

I don't see 'classified' in an array. Here is the code just to be sure:

<?php
    		/* Get current user so we can filter posts */
    		$current_user = wp_get_current_user();
    		/* Get posts based on post_status */
    		if ( isset( $_GET['saved'] ) ) {
    			query_posts( array( 'posts_per_page' => $__classifieds_core->cf_ads_per_page, 'author' => $current_user->ID, 'post_type' => 'classifieds', 'post_status' => 'draft', 'paged' => $__classifieds_core->cf_page ) );
    			$sub = 'saved';
    		} elseif ( isset( $_GET['ended'] ) ) {
    			query_posts( array( 'posts_per_page' => $__classifieds_core->cf_ads_per_page, 'author' => $current_user->ID, 'post_type' =>  'classifieds', 'post_status' => 'private', 'paged' => $__classifieds_core->cf_page ) );
    			$sub = 'ended';
    		} else {
    			query_posts( array( 'posts_per_page' => $__classifieds_core->cf_ads_per_page, 'author' => $current_user->ID, 'post_type' => 'classifieds', 'post_status' => 'publish', 'paged' => $__classifieds_core->cf_page ) );
    			$sub = 'active';
    		} ?>
  • aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

Thank you for your patience as our lead developer of the Classifieds plugin works the code over and I anticipate his future return to this ticket and the last code you submitted above for us to look over.

Your feedback is great and appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

• mccawphoto

I just upgraded the plugin but the issue is still happening when I try to edit "Saved" ads. Also, is there any way to make the dropdown choices for duration of ad or duration of ad renewal not show "x credits" if credits aren't being used?

Thanks!

• mccawphoto

I removed all modified theme files from my theme directory and the issue is still happening. It only happens when I try to edit an ad on my saved ads page.

What is happening is that I am on the my-classifieds page of the website, for example: http://classifieds.mysite.com/my-classifieds/. I click the "Saved Ads" button at the top of the page and I am taken to the "Saved Ads" section, for example http://classifieds.mysite.com/my-classifieds/?saved. I click the "edit" button for an ad on the "Saved Ads" page and it takes me to a blank page. Also the url still remains the same (http://classifieds.mysite.com/my-classifieds/?saved). This is all on the front end of the website (not in the dashboard).

• mccawphoto

I am waiting for someone to help fix this. The developer says he can't reproduce the issue and seemed to think that maybe some modified theme files in my theme directory were causing the issue. I removed those files and still get the error.

Hopefully someone can reproduce this issue and fix it.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

I am trying to work through this and replicate it of course. Please forgive me if I duplicate something from above there is quite a bit up there, but I do acknowledge that you have already been through plugin trouble shooting so no need to go there.

I am assuming you are running WordPress 3.3.2 without Buddy Press.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MultiSite or Solo?
    Which theme are you running?
    Classifieds 2.2.1?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• mccawphoto

Sorry for the delay on this. I haven't been able to solve this yet. I am just so busy right now with paying jobs that this has been pushed to the back of the priority list. I appreciate that you keep checking in on it. I will eventually get back to working on this issue, just not sure when. Please continue to check in periodically because it reminds me of this issue.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mccawphoto,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.