Editing and Viewing Coursepress Completion Certificate

I am creating a course and want to design the certificate. How do I accomplish that with this plugin. I don't see a preview button.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Joseph

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can edit the basic certificate from Admin Area -> CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> Basic Certificate.

To customize the certificate we already have an old thread that may be of helpful for you.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-have-made-layout-changes-to-the-basic-certificate-but-it-does-not-appear-to-be-coming-through

Let me know if you need further support :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Joseph

I am afraid there is no preview button. You have to make a short course to see the certificate.

1. On my site I created a test course with one unit.
    2. Enrolled with antother test user account
    3. Completed the course (save and exit)
    4. a new menu appear with label Certificate.
    5. Click on it to see the preview of certificate.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Jess
    • New Recruit

The thread you linked to has no actual instructions just a conversation with no insight as to how to format the certificate properly or use a background image. Please post more information about how to actually set up the certificates with a background image, etc.

• Jess
    • New Recruit

I have found that TIMES NEW ROMAN font will NOT work with a background image on a CoursePress Certificate. So if you are trying TNR as the font (which is a traditional certificate look) then try using a different font like Arial and see if that works. That was the fix for me.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jess,

You can change/set the background image from CoursePress > Settings > Basic Certificate > Background Image.

Please always start your own thread for your question (separate thread for each question) according to our forum posting rules get faster response. This helps us keep track each issue in its own dedicated ticket and also helps other member find an answer looking for similar question.

If a thread is related to your question then post the link of that thread for reference. Also its good to not spam the original poster with new reply notifications :slight_smile:

Hope that helps for background image issue, for other issues please start new thread so we can further debug this issue in detail.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.