Editing Backend Posts with Upfront

Hi,
I'm having trouble using Upfront to edit posts that were created or modified at the backend. I tried clearing cache but I'm not not able to double click to edit the text.

Thanks.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

The edit text in your post content did work for a few seconds when loaded, then I couldn't edit your content. I can confirm the issue in your website. It seems like there could be a conflict, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out any plugins causing any conflicts.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could also notice you have /mu-plugins enabled too, using an FTP client, please disable the plugin by temporarily renaming the /mu-plugins folder, it's located inside your /wp-content folder. Renaming the folder back to /mu-plugins will make sure that your mu-plugins are active.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Jenny-Lyn
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Nithin,

I followed the flow chart as well as temporarily renaming and reactivating mu-plugins; right now all plugins are disabled but I'm still unable to edit backend posts with Upfront. I can make changes on the backend and see them even using Upfront but I can't edit them with Upfront.

Thanks.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

It seems like your support access is disabled, the issue is really an odd one, since you have performed the plugin conflict test, I could only troubleshoot it further if I could check your website, and it's configuration. Could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

Thank you for sending us the credentials, It seemed like the themes were have issues with request being blocked from the server, I added a mod_security rules in your .htaccess file, and now it seems to be working fine.

<IfModule mod_security.c>
      SecFilterEngine Off
      SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </IfModule>

Please test extensively, and confirm whether you are still having issues, and please do let us know if you still find any anomalies with the Upfront editor.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

It seems like there is a jQuery error, which is being generated from the themes subscription form, that is causing your Upfront editor to not load past 28%. I have pinged the developer regarding this, and have asked to give a look. To troubleshoot it further, We would need to have access to your Cpanel, in order to check your database. Please do note, making changes through the database, might affect the behavior of the themes layout.

Could you please send me the required continentals, so that we could help get this resolved asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Jenny-Lyn,

Thank you for sending the credentials, I have forwarded the detials, and the login credentials to the developer. Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted.

Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay, it seems like the Mailchimp form which you had integrated was causing this issue. As it wasn't allowing Upfront to load, we have corrected this, and had to remove the form in order for the Upfront to load without any issue.

If you are looking to add Mailchimp form, would recommend you to use plugins like Mailchimp for WordPress, as the plugin offers shortcodes. You can add these shortcodes using the widget, or text elements in order to display the Mailchimp form in your pages.

I checked your website, and now the Upfront seems to load fine, and the text editing issue what we had initially seems to be resolved too.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

I was able to get the developers feedback regrading this, it seems like the default post element, is having issues, you can switch to the new post element, from the Data tab, and replace the current post content, so that you edit without any issues.

To switch to a new post element, once you click the New Post Button, remove the existing post content. Then, under Draggable Elements, drag the new Post Data, and make your changes to it.

Once done, when you update/publish, you can select the option to switch the new Post Data in All post, or just in your single post. Selecting All post of this type, will switch the old one, with this new element.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further help. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.