Editing Cart Text and/or redirects

Alright, so I’ve got Membership and Affiliates up and running. When a user goes to the /register/ page they are presented with two options –either a regular paid membership or an affiliate. When an Affiliate account is created, the user is simply directed to the regular paid membership cart with some not-so-obvious text at the top saying they are now affiliates.

I would like to either…

A. Have an Affiliate signup lead directly to the page containing the [affiliatelogincheck] and [affiliateuserdetails] tags.

B. Edit the text at the top of the cart with explanatory text describing what the next step is with a link to the /affiliates/ page.

What is the simplest way to do either of these?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Opus13

I gave your post quite a bit of thought. Wanted to see if there is a way for you to achieve this, so I played a bit with the setup in my test environment to see what will work best. Since I don’t have a link to see your setup, I improvised a bit. I was looking at solutions that won’t require you editing any plugin code.

So from your post I gather that you have two subscription plans. One of these would be for the Affiliate. First of all, right there in the subscription description box you would be able to add information about the affiliate signup.

A. Having the Affiliate signup lead directly to the page containing the [affiliatelogincheck] and [affiliateuserdetails] tags. When signing up and completing the payment you can specify on PayPal what URL to return to. Here you can have it directed to the page containing those tags.

B. You can also add text to any of the pages created by the Membership Plugin. If you add text it will automatically go on top of any content that is generated by the Membership Plugin. So for instance on the Checkout page created by the Plugin. Simply place your text on that page and it would show up at the top of the cart.

Have a look at these posts that might also assist you in your setup:

Display certain subscribe button based on custom field entry

Different menu for different membership levels

If you can share a link with me I would be able to investigate further.

All the best and hope you build a great looking site!

Gina

• opus13
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

For option A. this would be applicable for post payment. Right now the system doesn’t describe what the next step is to get to the page where payment info is input in the first place. There is only the “You currently have a subscription for the Affiliate subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below.” message, that I would like to edit –something along the lines of “to edit your affiliate details, click here”

For Option B, If i add static text to the cart page, wouldn’t it always show the same message, no matter what kind of account you had signed up for? I am just trying to get the right message for each user context

I don’t mind editing code :smiley:

ref: http://www.naturalevo.com

thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

You should be able to accomplish this with the shortcodes built in to membership and affiliate.

Initially set the shorcode Protected content message (in options) to be blank, so that it doesn’t show a message (you can add messages on a per level basis if you need them for some levels).

Next, assuming that regular members get added to a subscription with a level called “regular” and affiliate members get added to a subscriptions with a level called “affiliate”, edit your Welcome page (the one specified in the membership options -> pages menu).

At the top of the page, in [affiliate] shortcodes, place your message for affiliates and the affiliate shortcodes. underneath that in the shortcode [regular] place your normal non-affiliate message.

Then, when a member reaches the welcome page(by which time they will have been assigned to a subscription) the system will only display the content wrapped in the shortcode of the relevant level.

Hope that helps / makes sense.

Have a scan through the membership manual if you are not clear on the shortcodes functionality.

• opus13
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Although, yes, I can get a message at the top of the screen is the shortcodes, it would leave secondary text directly below it. Not exactly… good.

There is no way to edit the contents f the default message? at all?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings opus13,

Sorry for the delay on a reply for this ticket.

There is no way to edit the contents f the default message? at all?

Though I believe the text you are referring to will indeed be hard coded in to the plugin, can you please let me know what the text is exactly? Perhaps copy and paste it here in a post?

Cheers, Joe

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Although, yes, I can get a message at the top of the screen is the shortcodes, it would leave secondary text directly below it. Not exactly… good.

I don’t think you’ve read my reply completely – particularly this bit:

Initially set the shorcode Protected content message (in options) to be blank, so that it doesn’t show a message (you can add messages on a per level basis if you need them for some levels).

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @opus13

Just checking in to see if there is anything else that we can assist with. Did you get sorted or are there still issues outstanding that needs to be addressed?

Since we haven’t heard back from you in a while, I will go ahead and resolve this topic, but please don’t hesitate to reopen it should you still require additional support from us. Just select the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (otherwise we might miss your new post).

All the best!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.