Editing colors used on calendar page

If you look at http://everythingouterbanks.com/obx-events/ it is green blocks with orange text. I did not see how to control the appearance. I'm sure it is something simple but I have looked and looked. Is my theme css screwed up? I use Artisteer for most theme creation.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Ya your theme is override the anchor links, so the text gets lost on the green. You can add some custom CSS to your themes style files:

a.wpmudevevents-calendar-event {
    	background: #75AB24;
    	color: #fff !important;
    }

The !important there is forcing the colour change for anchor links to white.

The background is what it's currently set to.

And for when you hover over the item:

a.wpmudevevents-calendar-event:hover {
    	background: #659B14;
    	color: #fff;
    }

That should sort you out.

If you're not sure what hex colour to use you can find codes here:

http://www.colorpicker.com/

Take care.

• LubyG

Thanks Timothy. That worked for the most part.
    It is strange. I changed the css hex color codes to:
    background: #0066CC;
    color: #fff!important;
    }

background: #244DAB;
    color: #fff;
    }

For some reason it is still showing green rather than blue backgrounds but the text is white. I added this to the CSS Stylesheet Editor in that particular blog (it is a network). I tried adding it to the theme CSS under the network and it did not work.

• Timothy Bowers

The CSS you're using is probably being called before that of the plugin.

You see it's like Highlander (if you ever watched that movie - Ya maybe a cheesy movie reference I know) the last one standing aka the one last one called rules all.

You can take it out of the natural order by using !important. This is more of a last resort thing as it can complicate matters later if you come to change things again - It's a game of hide a seek hunting all the references of !important down.

It's not so bad but I've seen themes where they've use !important for a single element a ton of times.

Anyway, you can try:

background: #0066CC !important;
    }

background: #244DAB !important;
    }

Let me know how you go.

• Timothy Bowers

Haha.

Lost In Space & Time Tunnel was before my time but I do vaguely remember the reruns of it. I think the original Star Treks have been replayed much more over the years. :slight_smile:

Or at least it seems that way.

It's just terrible when you realise that a week and even more of your life has disappeared to SG1 or similar. Play one and you have to play them all. lol.

Take care.

• LubyG

How true. I loved the Star Gate series too. So much to watch and so little time. Of course, I have to make money in my spare time, LOL. I'm so scattered about what to do next. I have so many good ideas and not enough people to carry them all out. I liked the Battle Star Galactica series (recent version not the one with Lorne Greene). If I had 100's of replicas of myself I could get it all done :slight_smile:

Gee, I hope these are private. Guess this is no place to carry on a conversation about SyFy.

• Timothy Bowers

Replicas of myself......

Now that's a thought but only if all of me were a hive mind.... I couldn't deal with the competition and it's not like I don't already have enough voices in my head. I mean there is me, then there is my wife, so more of me wouldn't hurt and might even make it a fair fight.... lol

Doll House was one I watched recently. I rather enjoyed the concept of it. Poor-ish ending to finish off though.

In case you haven't seen it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135300/

The idea is that you can program the human mind with someone else's. You could be an assassin, or the worlds best waitress/waiter, you could in theory live forever by putting your mind in a younger body.

Gee, I hope these are private. Guess this is no place to carry on a conversation about SyFy.

Well... I think it's expected that people into tech are likely to also love a little syfy. :slight_smile: