Editing Custom Fields in Appointment+

I noticed I’m unable to edit custom fields from the admin panel. Is this a bug ?

I also noticed that manual adding a new appoinment in the admin does not show the custom fields. Is this a bug too ?

Both of them are critical for my application, as one of the custom field is a tax number which must be inserted/edited for all my apointments.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @antonio, I hope you’re well today!

Custom fields are meant to be filled-in by clients (and therefore only apply on the frontend form) and are not editable.

These are not bugs, they are by design.

Your users can enter their info on the custom fields and you can see them.

If you need to create new entries and be able to fill-in the custom field, you could submit them from the frontend.

In the meantime I have notified our Second Level Support (they’re the code gurus) on this thread, hopefully they’ll be able to figure out a way to make this properly work from the dashboard.

Cheers,

Ari.

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Jose,

I installed 1.4.4 in my staging environment … but still cannot see the custom field in the admin when adding a new appointment.

Can you check on this ? This functionality is getting critical for my application. I cannot add new appointment with custom fields in the admin and cannot edit old ones…

Thank a lot

Antonio

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Antonio,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

Have you went to the thread that @jose linked too and downloaded the customized additional fields file he posted? Then overwrote the one on your current install? Then you will be able to edit/use them in the backend :slight_smile:

I have posted screenshots of them after I added the file. I will upload the file on this post as well.

You just need to unzip the folder, then using something like FTP copy the app-users-additional_fields.php file over to your addons directory located:

/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/addons

If you need any further assistance with this then just let us know :slight_smile:

Also, if it is still not working after you do that then we can go in for a closer look!

Look forward to hearing back Antonio!

All the best,

Tyler

• Antonio
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Tyler,

I tried and it works now …thanks.

I’m a bit worried why it was not included in the official A+ 1.4.4 release.

Are there any issues, is it still in beta or what ?

Any of you can confirm next release will include the modified add-on ? If it’s not the case next time I will upgrade A+ I will surely loose this functionalities again.

Thanks again for your support

Antonio

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Antonio!

I’m not sure if this will be an official update, but what I do with any custom code is make myself a change log.

I write down every piece of code or file that needs to be changed in a text doc, with any important line numbers marked so it’s simple to re-do any changes after an update.

Save that file you downloaded, if Appointments + updates and that feature isn’t included, you can just add it back in like you did here.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.