Editing features in Spirit

Goopd day,

I have some basic questions. Just learning as much as I can without resorting to coding. Just too scatterbrained for that!!! :slight_smile:

1. Am working in Spirit with upfront.
2. It seems a number of features come with this Theme including:
2.1. e-mail subscription
2.2. Mpcart - Mpcheckout - Mporderstatus - Mpproducts - Mpstore
2.3. Contact Us
3. My first question is where is the data kept when a visitor subscribes to e-mail? How do I store the information and how do I access it?
4. How do I build the Mpstore - can it only be done by coding?
5. Similarly, how do I set up ‘Contact Us’?

I need a very basic SHOP to promote a few products. Is there a plugin that doesn't need coding? I will do some readfing on coding but simply don't have the time right now.

I am working in MampPro so I'd have to figure out how to give you and 'IN'. Maybe it won't be necessary at this time. Nut I am willing..... :slight_smile:

Please help,

Phillip

• Denitsa

Hello Phillip,
    I hope you are having an awesome day!

My first question is where is the data kept when a visitor subscribes to e-mail? How do I store the information and how do I access it?

I'm sorry, could you clarify a bit on this one - do you mean using a contact form, which sends an email over to the admin, or a particular plugin to subscribe by email here? Answer to that question would most likely be "in the database", but depending on what you mean I'd be able to point to the exact tables.

Similarly, how do I set up ‘Contact Us’?

You can do that completely via Upfront, if you mean setting up a contact form on the page.

You'd need to drag a Contact element onto the page from the left-hand side menu Draggable Elements.

Once you have done that, click on your new form, then select the Settings (gear icon). Some settings will appear on the left-hand side of the screen - here you can set the email you'd like the message sent via the contact to go to, whether to include a subject field or a captcha, the location of the field labels, when to validate the form, SMTP settings if you'd like to use that to send your emails and the ability to edit the Appearance of the default preset or making your own new one (you can even add CSS here).

I need a very basic SHOP to promote a few products. Is there a plugin that doesn't need coding?

Yep, that should be our Marketpress plugin and that's what usually the "mp" before the pages' name suggest (in Mpcart - Mpcheckout - Mporderstatus - Mpproducts - Mpstore). It creates these pages automatically and there's surely no coding involved in setting up the store. I believe this answers your other questions too. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps! If you have any additional issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.