Editing last unit of a course and page freezes to where I can't even close the tab

I am having an issue editing the last unit of my "The Way of the SEAL" course on my site "http:trianing.unbeatablemind.com".

I have the latest version of coursepress and have deactivate all plugins and reverted to the default theme. Issue persists.

When I try to edit the last unit of my course the page will load its content and then freeze. It freezes so bad it crashes the Tab I have open to where I can't even close it without force closing my browser(Chrome). I have disabled all extensions and the issue still persists.

This issue is on a lot of my sites.

I have already granted access.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @RedJacketWes,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I could confirm the issue on your site that on visiting that unit edit page my CPU was sounding and my browser tag got hanged. I have tested it on my test site and found it's working fine.

It seems the issue with some script which is getting executed indefinitely but as this is happening only with that unit so i think it has to do something with that unit content.

What are you adding in that unit?

Could you please try deleting and recreating that unit?

Also please try creating a same unit which will not be the last unit so that we can confirm whether the issue only affects the last unit.

I also found some javascript error messages in the browser console on visiting your site and also got it on my test site as shown in the attached screenshot therefore i have notified the SLS developer to get his valuable reply here.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Black Fox
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the strong reply!

The content in that unit is similar to every other unit I have created. There isn't anything out of the norm.

I started going through the last handful of version of coursepress to see if I could find a version where that unit would load so I could edit it. All of the 1.2.6 versions can't load it. At some point in the past I got my hands on 2 betas that are labeled as version 1.2.5.8. I installed the 2nd beta I had and I was finally able to get in and edit the unit.

Another thing to note is that I was able to edit the unit on the newest version in Safari.

I currently have that beta version installed if you want to take another look and see if you can see where something might be going wrong.

Support access has been extended.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello RedJacketWest,

I've checked your site now and I was able to edit all the units in the course and it's pages, without the freezing.
    You have now installed the 1.2.5.91 - and difference with editor between this version and newest one is that in new editor has text mode, like the normal editor in WordPress.
    I believe that this is source of the problem with freezing non-editable units.
    And this is related to the thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/unit-in-course-freezes-page-other-units-work

I will flag again plugin developer to check this issue.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.