Editing the articles on the front page

PLEASE HELP!

We have just installed your Social Theme. We wanted to use this theme as on the preview it looked as though it was possible to have extract views of your articles (say the most recent 5) on your front page, one under each other.

At the moment we can get our latest blog to show up and then next to it shows up other articles and has a thumbnail of these.

We would like to remove this section and just have them all on top of each other.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you in advance!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Jonathan,

I’m not totally sure what you mean here, do you have a link so I can see what you’ve currently got?

You’re trying to remove the image so just the blog link and excerpt show? Is that correct?

Apologies, but a bit more detail (maybe a screenshot if a link isn’t available) and I’m sure we can get ya sorted.

Thanks!

• jonathan_marsh
    • New Recruit

Hi Mason,

Not quite. I have attached a screen shot which hopefully should be able to assist. Under the video there is an article there called Hello World!. To the right of this there are 'More Articles', The GoZookle Project and Introducing GoZookle!

What I am after is removing the 'More Articles' from the right and placing them, with an extract, under the Hello World article….

Does this make more sense?

I am thinking I may need to do this in the CSS side?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Ok, there’s a few ways to get this done, but firstly go to your Appearance>Theme Options>Layout Settings and choose the “2 Column” layout for the home page.

The excerpt, image, title, etc that are displayed in the remaining widget area are all determined by the widget. Our Recent Custom Post Types Widget does a pretty good job of providing a ton of options:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/recent-custom-posts-type-widget

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!

Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.