Editing the blog post template for Spirit Theme

Hi

I need to edit the appearance of the individual bog post appearance on my site to remove the featured image from the page, the page title (just on the individual posts not the list of all posts) and the author. Where and how do I do this?

I have been able to edit the page that lists all posts as the controls for this are easily available but I seem unable to find the relevant settings for the individual posts.

Also when I open the individual pages in the Upfront editor I get the following message, and also when I attempt to make any changes.

Thanks

AJ

• Michael Bissett

Hey Alex, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I'd advise upgrading Upfront & Spirit first (as the following would be directed towards the latest versions of Upfront & Spirit).

On this:

I need to edit the appearance of the individual bog post appearance on my site to remove the featured image from the page, the page title (just on the individual posts not the list of all posts) and the author. Where and how do I do this?

I've got a set of screenshots handy that'll help you to do this:

• Michael Bissett

Also when I open the individual pages in the Upfront editor I get the following message, and also when I attempt to make any changes.

That box coming up would be normal, it's Upfront's version of these three metaboxes:

For posts (and pages created without a template), the content area you'd work with in the WordPress Dashboard would show up here:

And would trigger that popup (if not automatically, then by double-clicking on the text in the content area).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. Had to split the post into two parts, had an unexpected issue with uploading some of the images initially.
    P.P.S I'd be glad to still handle this for you (if you like), but figured that you'd want to handle the updating of Upfront & Spirit yourself.

• Alex

Firstly Michael, thanks for getting back to me.

However NONE of the instructions or controls you mentioned and illustrated above are available in this theme (other than delete).

I followed your instructions but from the post, double clicking on ANY element gives the following window.

Once in this position all I can do is Update, then it just goes round back to being able to click and then the same box pops up again.

I then deleted that element (to see if that made a difference). I now can not re add the element to show the post content other than in this format, where again I am unable to edit.

I don't want to show all of this information, or in fact pretty much any of it other than the content.

I have tried to add the content through the WP backend again but now it is just not visible.

Please help because what should be a very simple operation and task is proving to be impossible and I am seriously considering dumping the WPMU theme as it is just so problematic and quirky with no real online tutorials or guidance of how it should and could be used!

Please help before I just throw it away and start again as I need to get this site up and working and at the moment I could have built it 100 times over in standard WP! (I am trying to persevere)

I have tried this in Firefox and Safari to ensure it was not just a browser issue. I have also opened up support access once more.

Yours hopefully...

AJ

• Michael Bissett

Hey Alex,

I'm going to need to have a deeper look at your site's database for this one, the post layout will need to be reset here (please make sure you have a database backup handy, you can use our Snapshot plugin to make one if you don't have one handy).

Once you have the backup ready, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password)
    -- cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need these for viewing/editing your database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael