Editing Upfront Pages- how to delete image, enter text

Ok, how do I say this nicely...?
What am I doing that makes everything in Upfront so complicated?
Am I the only person having these problems?

PAGES.

I want to create a new PAGE- click
MY AWESOME CONTENT GOES HERE- this little guy doesn't want to go away.
I can delete it when I go to "edit" the page (not CUSTOMIZE) - but by doing this it appears I leave Upfront and go to regular wordpress and get this very threatening msg about changing the format. (picture attached)
Have I changed the format just by going to "edit"?
When I'm in "customize" I'm not able to highlight- delete or anything the "awesome content" line.
I put a picture in and it ran underneath it.
I also do not see a way to resize the picture to my liking- I see the upfront presets- dimensions, position- but I can't grab a corner of the picture and stretch it around to make it the size I want-- I felt the Upfront literature and suggested this was possible- and easy to do.

When I tried to move the picture around I somehow copied it- when I tried to delete the copy-
click on it, hit delete (no)
drag it as if to trash (no trash)
I started making infinite copies of the thing (picture)

While I am customizing the page I don't see a place to save the changes I have made-
just this preview/ publish/ save draft thing (picture)
that sends me in an endless loop of previewing/saving the draft/ canceling- it's very hard to get back to working on the page.

Now I've gone back - and the annoying pop down save draft thing is gone, and I am back to the green SAVE button over in the customization sidebar. This is mildly reassuring. When I tried to get to the annoying save draft/preview thing I can;t find it which reminds me everything I do in Upfront seems to happen differently every other time I work on the page.
(Found it- starting a new page. Inserted an image. Wanted to save that change- only option the preview/draft thing. Saved as draft. Now lost editing/customization abilities. Had to go back to home page, search for the new page to get back to it to keep editing it.....grrrr.)
And it's really wearing me down.

• Milan

Hello @peter,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us your questions. :slight_smile:

Now let me break your questions in bits so its easier for both of us to understand those chunks. :slight_smile:

I want to create a new PAGE- click
    MY AWESOME CONTENT GOES HERE- this little guy doesn't want to go away.
    I can delete it when I go to "edit" the page (not CUSTOMIZE) - but by doing this it appears I leave Upfront and go to regular wordpress and get this very threatening msg about changing the format. (picture attached)
    Have I changed the format just by going to "edit"?
    When I'm in "customize" I'm not able to highlight- delete or anything the "awesome content" line.

I can not replicate this behavior on my sandbox site. After saving page as draft I am able to delete page's default content region. If its not the case with your site then it seems I'll need to look at it in depth. Will it be okay to you if I access your site and do some testing there ? If yes then for that I'll need support access to your site which you can grant me via WPMU DEV > Dashboard > Support > Support Staff > Grant Access .

Let me know once you grant me support staff access so that we can move forward with different troubleshootings. :slight_smile:

Now I've gone back - and the annoying pop down save draft thing is gone, and I am back to the green SAVE button over in the customization sidebar. This is mildly reassuring. When I tried to get to the annoying save draft/preview thing I can;t find it which reminds me everything I do in Upfront seems to happen differently every other time I work on the page.

(Found it- starting a new page. Inserted an image. Wanted to save that change- only option the preview/draft thing. Saved as draft. Now lost editing/customization abilities. Had to go back to home page, search for the new page to get back to it to keep editing it.....grrrr.)

I am facing little bit difficulty in understanding first part of this questions. Some of the portion which I understand is that you are not able to get Draft/Publish windows while creating new page. It must be displayed when you create new page, after page has created and while you are on upfront editor you will not be able to tweak those changed.( Draft, publish, trash ) But you can always move your page to draft, published pages and to trash via Pages > All Pages > <edit page >

Let me know once you enable support staff access so we can move forward with these issues. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Peter,

Thanks for granting access.

I've visited your site and played with it a bit and I was able to make changes to the site with no issues. I also noticed that you've finally got rid of that unwanted "awesome content" :slight_smile: I suppose though that it doesn't mean that the issue is solved so since I didn't experience any issues on your site I'd like to ask you for a little help.

I know you have descried the problem in your initial post but would you be so kind and provide me with a brief "step by step" guide (preferably separate one for each described issue) on what exactly should I do to follow your path and be able to replicate these problems while testing on your site?

Thanks!
    Adam

• peter

Thank you @Adam Czajczyk

I think the problem is still solving itself- a lot of it is me making peace with the way Upfront wants things done. I still have plenty of issues, Jude has been given a bucketful of them to deal with.

The problems here were some one offs-- like the triple image, that I think, I have under control.

The common issues was the multiple versions of "save"-- save, save element, publish draft, done.
    Sometimes even back clicking when I create a new page and its shows up but all faded out- no editing, no saving-- but just back click, go to customize, pages ,find it, select edit-- and there it is.

Tiresome- but it works.

And last but not least SCHEDULE. This one really seems to mean "save" and keep doing what you're doing.

People smarter than me must appreciate the various subtleties of these diffferent "saves"- maybe one day I will too. For now it is intimidating and disorienting-- but I've found "schedule" so I am happy.

The disorienting part is where I couldn't give you a meaningful step-by-step because every time things happen a little bit differently.

Thanks for the offer,
    Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.