Editor Question

Hi,

I just purchased this plugin which I hope can work for my site.

In my wordpress installation I am using the Plugin Ultimate TinyMCE. When I go to answer a question on the front end this editor renders in the front end for users which is bad.

I only see an option to either turn on/off the editor in the settings which seems pretty limiting.

Is there a way to choose a more basic editor for people filling out questions rather than taking the one I use as an Admin in the wordpress CMS?

Thanks

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@stephen_martin

Hi Stephen

Thank you for posting your question here on the Community.

Currently there's only the ability to turn the WP Editor on or off, but there isn't something simplified that can be used instead of just having the text area (when WP Editor is turned off).

However, note that @Hakan, the Developer, provided a solution in another topic that might interest you. Have a look here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else I can assist with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

All the best.

Gina

• stephen_martin
    • Flash Drive

Hi Gina,

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at that thread and it seems it should work to use that code. But can you tell me where to put that code? Into which file am I pasting it?

Also is this type of feature going to be included in a later release?

Thanks//Stephen

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@stephen_martin

Hi Stephen

Apologies, I forgot to mention where to place the code. If you can access the wp-content folder of your hosting files, please go to your currently used theme folder, download the functions.php and add the code solution that Hakan gave at the end of the functions page. I tested it myself and it worked perfectly, only displaying the basic html code tags for basic formatting of the typed content.

I'm sure @Hakan will think to incorporate it into a future version as it's been requested by many members...

Hope this works for you too.

Have fun!

Gina

• stephen_martin
    • Flash Drive

Hi Gina,

Yes I did try this code, but it does not work fully. Maybe some more info would help

We are using the newer "Ultimate TinyMCE" as the Rich Text Editor on our Wordpress Installation.

Maybe this is different code as compared to the Advanced TinyMCE Plugin?

Regards //S

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.