Editor-tools limited for members

Hello,

Actually when the member write new topic on the forum. There are too much options in the wp-answer-editor-tools, how can I reduce them ?

Thank you in advance

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings guillaumebzig,

Thank you for the great question in which will certainly involve custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here but we do try to help if we can and would never withhold an answer.

With that said, I believe you will need to make custom edits to the tiny mce editor or have you indeed added a new editor via a plugin giving more options ~or~ are you testing while logged in as admin?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings guillaumebzig,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• guillaumebzig
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

Finally I put a Textarea instead of the wordpress editor. But I have still a problem. The HTML is allowed by default even if the textarea. How can I disable that ?

Because actually the members can put the links in html and it's work... It's dangerous for the spam and for my SEO....

Thank you in advance

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings guillaumebzig,

Thank you for your additional feedback but WordPress strips these by default for all but the Super Admin and if memory serves Editor and Author roles at the most.

Are you indeed testing this as a subscriber or contributor?

Are you testing with a completely different browser then you use for development? i.e. Firefox for development and Chrome for testing emptying the caches in between each test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings guillaumebzig,

Thank you for the additional clarification.

You completely skipped the questions of my last post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/editor-tools-limited-for-members#post-370627

I do not think they can post those in their user roles and that the WordPress core will not allow it.

Finally I put a Textarea instead of the wordpress editor.

That is a cool solution, contact the coder that came up with this "textarea" and ask them how to enable html stripping for the "text area" that comes default with the WordPress core.

That should do the job for you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.