Editors can't see appointments list

I have the administrative permission addon enabled and my editors have all permission to edit the Appointments, but recently all of them were not able to see the appointments list page, it's just a white blank page.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dale

Looks like there is an error creating the blank white page. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now visit that blank page. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dale
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,

We tried that but looks like there is nothing coming up as an error. Also we verified in ajax call and it's not giving us any error.

Adding screenshot of the ajax call for your reference.

Also, we found that there is nothing coming up for other roles in that ajax except 'Administrator'.

This is kind of urgent, so appreciate your help.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dale

I just tried again on my test site and using administrative permissions, editor role works fine. Would you please enable support access so that I can check? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Moreover, did you add any role editor plugin recently or any plugin or theme has similar settings?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Dale
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Ash,

Thanks for reaching out. We tried checking file permission and other things as you mentioned.

We doesn't have any other role editor plugin activated at the moment, nor theme has any settings.

I have grant Support access as you requested. Let me know if I can help you with something to find the root cause. This is second time happened in few months. First time it was solved automatically.

Thanks

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Thanks for enabling support access. I needed to create a user called - ashtest.

It looks like there is an error. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
        define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
        define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now visit the appointments page as an editor. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
        Ash

• Dale
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

And just so that you know, this works perfectly fine in local envi. so we think it might be the case of proper folder permission! any suggestion over there ?

which folders should I looks for permission and I will grab you screenshot from server.

Let me know.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dale

I am having a feeling that there is an error on that page. I am asking because, when I checked the appointment page as an editor, I found out the page stopped loading at the middle of the page. If the content has a permission issue, then at least the footer would be shown where it says about version number at the bottom right. This will appear on every admin page:

If you want, I can do some troubleshooting. I know this is a live site, so I would be careful.

You can send me your admin login and cPanel details, then I can check.

You can send me privately in the following format:
    1. Please go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    2. Select "I have a different question" if not selected
    3. In subject line put "Attn-Ash" (this will ensure that the email is assigned to me)
    4. Provide the wanted details.
    5. Add the thread link in the message so that I can track.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.