Edu-clean child CSS problem

Hi,

I am having trouble changing some themes options in my Edu-clean Child theme.
http://networkingpeople.biz

I have changed the adminbar background color, and top header text color in
theme options, neither is responding.

I inserted my header secondary text *for logged-in user only (which DID work)
Then, I inserted my header main text *for non logged-in user only (which DIDN'T work)

Next, I tried deleted the theme altogether, and reinstalled a new edu-clean (and child) theme
folders, but it made no difference.

Yes, I have cleared the browser cache.

NOTE: I do have a test install running and it's working fine there. But I have have no idea
what's wrong with my main site)

Any other suggestions?

• Mason

Hiya!

I'm seeing your site with the edu-clean child theme.

How are you adding the CSS code. I'm currently seeing 2 conflicting values for the header background color:

.top-header-wrap {
    background: #334571 !important;
    }
    .top-header-wrap {
    color: #FFFFFF !important;
    }

I guess I'm trying to get a handle on what you want the outcome to be and then we can sort it from there. What method are you using to make the properties different based on whether or not a user is logged in?

Thanks! A bit more info and we can get this sorted.

• dlittle800

Well, if the area behind the admin bar is blank because there is padding, I'd like to just remove the padding and move up the header image.

I am not able to make changes in the Theme options area, so I've been editing the base.css (I know, bad idea)

Here's ideally what I'd like:
    - remove padding/move up header image (or change background color)
    - remove bolding from not selected tabs (Home, Activity, Members, Groups, Forums, BlogsSite, Search)

I'd really like to get theme options working though. If I uninstall and re-install, how can I remove any residual stored files?

Thanks.

• Mason

Hiya,

I'd really like to get theme options working though. If I uninstall and re-install, how can I remove any residual stored files?

If you delete the files and/or overwrite with new ones you should be fine - no lingering bits, but maybe a few widgets or theme options settings left in the database (not sure for this particular theme).

I'd really recommend doing that. Then try and keep all changes in child theme if at all possible - or even better keep a list of the changes you make. That way if you have to go back through you have a log of everything. Takes time, but you'll get used to it and it can save a ton of time down the road.

Let us know if we can assist you further! :smiley:

Thanks!

• dlittle800

Hi Mason,

Are you seeing 2 conflicting values for the header background color?
    http://networkingpeople.biz

I'm having no luck changing the admin bar color. As far as I can tell, the admin bar has a
    transparent grey that hovers over the admin bar color.

Inside the Theme Options panel, I'm trying to change the "adminbar background color"
    and expecting background color of the thin top admin bar to change - nothing is happening for me.

I'd like to change it to the same as the "top header" (#334571) so it will appear with a
    darker value at the top. (like the buddypress default theme)

Thx.

• Mason

Hiya,

#wp-admin-bar .padder is the property you're looking for. It's loaded in adminbar.css on line 15 and is a png file. You'll need to delete the image and add in your hex value in it's place.

I'm actually thinking that this is one of the ways that BuddyPress was recently updated and the theme options need to be updated to reflect that change. I tested this and the theme options aren't making the changes for me either.

I'm gonna contact the theme designers and have them look into this as well, but the directions above should help ya out right away.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya Derek,

Yeah, the terms are a bit confusing on this one but the issue really is just that the theme is due for an update and one of the changes is the "admin bar" settings.

The section you're referencing above is for the whole area that includes your site title and the "currently powering... Websites". This is know as the "top header" both in the code and in the theme options. The Top Header CSS Settings appears to work fine for me and it looks like on your site as well.

The admin bar is the tiny bar along the absolute top that has the buddypress navigation bits, or "login" if you're not logged in. Again, this doesn't work in the theme, but you can change it up adding something like this to your child's style.css
    #wp-admin-bar .padder {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    }

Just change the #FFFFFF to whatever the actual hex value is you want to use. (perhaps #334571) :smiley:

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya Derek,

I'm not seeing where you entered in the code I wrote above. Should be in the child's stylesheet. I can see a property of
    .post-content {
    font-size: 1.3em;
    }

The property I want you to enter should go directly below this.

I did this on a test install and it worked fine. Shows in firefox and chrome (don't have an IE handy for testing). Sorry it's taking so long to get sorted, I just don't see where you're implementing this code.

Thanks.

• dlittle800

Hi Mason,

The code for the admin bar background color IS (and was) in the style sheet - along with the code that I had added to change the text size. I double checked and the code is correct.

But for some reason, it doesn't work.

However, when move the code for the admin bar background color BELOW the code for the text size - then the admin bar code works (the proper color shows), but the text size no longer works.

I've now changed the admin bar color - and left the text size as the original. But both bits of code are in the style sheet.

This is a first for me

Thanks,
    Derek

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.