Edu Clean Theme Featured Header Issues

I like a ton of the features of this theme but I am having a heck of time getting it to format correctly.

I need some help figuring out why my "header feature listing" wont show up?

I would like to modify and add copy to the homepage but can't seem to make that happen.

I would like to edit the layout on the homepage, by removing the two right sidebars.

And for some reason my Pro Sites information is showing up on a second "Home" page

Thanks for the help!

• Patrick

Hey there @Tony

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I would like to modify and add copy to the homepage but can't seem to make that happen.

To customize the layout of the homepage, you can use any page you like as the homepage instead of the default that comes with the theme.

Simply select the page under Settings > Reading where you see "Front page displays".

I need some help figuring out why my "header feature listing" wont show up?

That only appears when logged out and is replaced by the header secondary text when logged in.

I would like to modify and add copy to the homepage but can't seem to make that happen. I would like to edit the layout on the homepage, by removing the two right sidebars.

The only way to do that would be to select a page for the front-page display, and set that page to use the full-width template.

As for different themes, we regularly do round-up posts & reviews on our blog of hundreds of themes (and theme providers). You're sure to find some that may be a better fit for your use-case.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/category/themes/

Then there are also hosting companies who offer some beautiful free themes as an incentive to sign up on a hosting plan. For example, Site5 has a dozen really nice freebies that I've played with. You might want to check 'em out too:
    http://www.s5themes.com/

• Tony

Thanks Patrick...

To customize the layout of the homepage, you can use any page you like as the homepage instead of the default that comes with the theme.

Simply select the page under Settings > Reading where you see "Front page displays".

Yes but is there a way to have all the functionality of the theme. Particularly the Services functionality and also add copy to the page.

That only appears when logged out and is replaced by the header secondary text when logged in.

Did you test that on my site? Because I did and they didn't show up.

I am switching themes. Hoping to find something easier to manage. All the bells and whistles in the world don't matter if they don't work right.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.