edu knows theme

how do I remove the orange RSS subscribe button from my edu knows theme?

David

• Jorgen Juel

Hi,
    I have looked around on the theme backed and i could'nt find any way to remove this button.
    So the only way to do it (as i can see) is through editing the theme files.
    to make this work, you navigate to the theme editor (appearance > editor), then click the theme file header.php so you can edit it.
    Then you search for the following (ctr/cmd + f)
    <p class="rss-feeds"><a href="<?php if("" == get_option('tn_edufaq_feedburner_url')) { echo bloginfo('rss2_url'); } else { echo get_option('tn_edufaq_feedburner_url'); } ?>"><?php _e("Subscribe to Feeds",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a></p>
    Then you simply delete it, and voilà!

I hope this sorts out your problem.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

To remove that button without making the code change you can add the below code to your style.css and achieve the same effect.

`#site-feeds p.rss-feeds {display : none !important}

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

For adding the CSS code you should use the plugin like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/imporved-simpler-css/ in case you do not want to modify the core style.css file

Cheers
    PC

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.