Edublogs latest news to network posts

Hi!

Just wondering if there’s a way I can have network posts appear in the hard coded “latest news” widget on the homepage?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi clothncraft,

The best way I can see to do that would be to edit the theme code, the following file specifically:

edu-cleanlibtemplateswp-templatefront-right.php

On lines 20 – 32 is the code used to display the news items. I imagine you could probably replace that with a widget area as per the following article:

http://buddydress.com/2010/04/add-a-widget-anywhere-in-3-simple-steps/

With a widget area there you could utilize the Recent Global Posts widget or if you’re using BuddyPress, the included network post widget.

You could potentially use Autoblog to re-post articles from across your network to your main site, which could then link back to the originals. These posts would automatically populate that News list, being on the main blog.

Perhaps one of those methods will work for you?

-David

• clothncraft
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Aha – great ideas thanks!

So I’ve had a little play around with the Autoblog and so far it’s working fine for me – however – pardon my ignorance – how do I get it to link to the original blog post? I’ve seen the “Link to Original Source” box in the feed set up but I’ve no idea of how to say “yes please link to the original source of each blog post”. Is that even possible?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.