All AutoBlog feeds have disappeared after updating to 3.5.7

We are no longer able to see any site feeds except for the feed for the root blog in network dashboard > Auto Blog Section > All Feeds …. after upgrading to 3.5.7. Downgrading to 3.5.4 brings the feeds back ….

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you go into your database (using phpmyadmin if you have it) – find the wp_autoblog table and change the blog_id and site_id fields in there that have a 0 in them to a 1?

This was the problem with some feeds not processing or disappearing in recent versions.

• Tracy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Sure we could do that, but is that the real solution? EVERY feed (hundreds) have disappeared. This is due to changes since 3.5.4, is it not possible to fix the plugin? My preference would be to use an older, working version of the plugin until this issue is fixed.

• Tracy

It looks like all feeds have completely stopped in addition as well, so we’re reverting to 3.5.4. We’re also still not seeing tags work any longer in any posts. Since David M. is seeing the issue occur in his test install, it’s likely this issue is affecting all users and all users now have no posts being processed?

• Tracy

Just saw this. Here’s my config:

<?php
    // Ensure you keep a backup of this file once you have it set up - in case it is replaced by a plugin upgrade.

// Uses a global table so that all entries can be managed by the network admin as well
    if(!defined('AUTOBLOG_GLOBAL')) define( 'AUTOBLOG_GLOBAL', true );

// Processing will stop after 3 seconds (default) so as not to overload your server
    if(!defined('AUTOBLOG_PROCESSING_TIMELIMIT')) define( 'AUTOBLOG_PROCESSING_TIMELIMIT', 3);

// Processing will take place every 30 minutes.
    if(!defined('AUTOBLOG_PROCESSING_CHECKLIMIT')) define( 'AUTOBLOG_PROCESSING_CHECKLIMIT', 30);

// In a multisite install will attempt to process feeds for all sites rather than just local ones
    if(!defined('AUTOBLOG_FORCE_PROCESS_ALL')) define( 'AUTOBLOG_FORCE_PROCESS_ALL', false);

// Will check for feeds to process on every page load rather than using the limit defined above
    if(!defined('AUTOBLOG_PROCESS_EVERY_PAGE_LOAD')) define( 'AUTOBLOG_PROCESS_EVERY_PAGE_LOAD', false);
    ?>

• Tracy

We’ve tried 3.6.1 to no avail. All feeds stop processing and disappear from network view and if you create new feeds in network view you cannot see them, even though you get a successful feed created message. If you go to a specific blog, you can then view feeds for that blog, but they still do not process.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@tracy – can you switch on the force_process_all define in your config? I think your install (and I think dubya for the tags) are the only ones this seems to still be an issue with – so we’ve got to be getting close to tracking it down for you :slight_smile:

As a check, can you do a complete removal of the plugin code and a fresh ftp up to make sure all the files are replaced as I moved a fair bit around in the latest update.

• Tracy

Barry,

We’ve already turned this on, our feeds will not process without it on in 3.5.4. As discussed previously, we aren’t able to see any feeds as they disappear on last few versions including 3.6.1. If I replace the autoblog > autoblogincludes > classes > autoblogadmin.php in 3.6.1 with the autoblogadmin.php from 3.5.4, we can then see our feeds again. I realize that this is totally going to break the plugin and will not work, we’re not attempting to use autoblog like this….. I was testing just to see what part of the plugin changed that might be causing the issue of all feeds to disappear and that seems to be the part, the part that happens to control the admin screens …. maybe this helps…..

T

• Tracy

Sorry, every time we try a new version to see if it works and then have to revert to 3.5.4, we have to re-edit the config file manually, it looks like we forgot to do that in that example …. we forget every now and then and when we realize feeds aren’t processing we fix it ….

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.