Either remove the "First Image Loading" grey text in the slider, OR, disable the slider?

I need to figure out how to get rid of the very first gray image with text that immediately loads and is visible before my images load -- it says "First Image Loading"?

This came up in a previous question, here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/showcase-theme-slider-loading-first-image

If I cannot get rid of that, I need to disable the slider, while also keeping the three columns below it (part of the auto-created homepage template). How would I do that?

Website here: http://breathworkinthedesert.com/

Thank you!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your question.

As described on the other thread that you have shared that it's generated by the flash file used by the slider included in the theme to be displayed as loading image when the slider images getting loaded so it can't be edited easily.

To make it optional or editable i will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

In the meanwhile you can disable the slider while also keeping the three columns below it by overwriting the Showcase theme header.php file in your child theme and editing the copied header.php file on line numbers 90 & 132 respectively as below.

On line number 90 :
    <?php if ($slideshowonopt == "Yes" && false){?>

On line number 132 :
    if (is_home() && false){

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Glenn

Can you tell me the lines above the two lines of script that you gave me to enter above?

After opening the functions in dreamweaver, i'm not 100% clear I'm putting those two lines in the right place.

Here is what I see from line 79 to 95:

79 add_action('after_setup_theme', 'showcase_setup');

83 if ( ! function_exists( 'showcase_enqueue' ) ):

85 function showcase_enqueue(){

87 wp_enqueue_script('showcase-prettyPhoto', get_template_directory_uri().'/library/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js', array('jquery', 'jquery-ui-core'));

89 wp_enqueue_script('showcase-all', get_template_directory_uri().'/library/js/all.js');

91 wp_enqueue_script('showcase-swfobject', get_template_directory_uri().'/library/js/swfobject/swfobject.js');

SHOULD I ENTER THE FIRST LINE OF CODE HERE?

93 wp_enqueue_style('showcase-prettyPhoto', get_template_directory_uri().'/css/prettyPhoto.css');

}

And here is what I see from lines 127-135:

127 global $pagenow;

129 if ( is_admin() && 'themes.php' == $pagenow && isset( $_GET['activated'] ) ) {

131 $page = get_page_by_title('Portfolio', 'ARRAY_A');

SHOULD I ENTER THE SECOND LINE OF CODE HERE?

135 if( ! $page )

Thank you, Vinod!

Glenn

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your reply.

Keep in mind we try to get to most initial requests within an hour, but depending on the issue additional followup can take longer.

Can you tell me the lines above the two lines of script that you gave me to enter above?

After opening the functions in dreamweaver, i'm not 100% clear I'm putting those two lines in the right place.

You have to edit your header.php file file to add/edit the above two lines and not functions.php file.

Please read my reply carefully posted previously and feel free to ask if you have any question.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and make these changes? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.