Elegant Themes – Divi Theme Front End Editing not working

Trying to determine if there is a conflict between something I'm doing with a WPMU DEV plugin to optimize performance, that is impacting the functioning of the Divi Front (and back end) editor. I'm referring to the Home/Main page, but I'd think the problem applies to all pages. I'll check and update the ticket.

Regards,

Ken

  • Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Updating as promised. The same thing happens on an additional page in the back end. And I just checked and the front end results are the same.

    Pages do not seem to be impacted for viewing purposes for site visitors. Thankfully!

  • Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    It appears that at least CoursePress Pro is the culprit. That’s not good. I deactivated plugins and went through reactivating and testing. This is the first one that caused editing to fail.

    Please let me know what’s next.

    Ken

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Ken

    I hope you’re well today!

    I’ve accessed your site and can see the issue with the CoursePress enabled. However, when I tried to replicate the same with just Divi and CoursePress – and then Divi, CoursePress and Hummingbird – enabled on my own setup, I wasn’t able too.

    This might mean that there’s either some additional plugin involved in the conflict (so CoursePress + some other plugin) or that this is something else “under the hood” that just happens to occur/show up when the CoursePress is enabled.

    That being said, could I ask you for one other test?

    First, please make sure that WP debugging is enabled. It can be enabled by adding following lines to the “wp-config.php” file right above the “/* That’s all, stop editing */” line:

    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

    Then run a conflict test again two times:

    – first, the exact same way as you already did

    – after that check what’s happening on site with only a Divi + CoursePress but with no other plugins enabled; if editing works then start enabling other plugins back until it breaks again

    In any case, after these tests please let me know about results and also look (via FTP or cPanel File Manager) into the “wp-content” folder of your site’s install for the “debug.log” file. If it’s there, please download it, rename to “debug.txt” and share here with me. In case it was too big and couldn’t be attached, please instead upload it to some file storage of yours (like Google Drive, Dropbox or similar) and share a link to it with me.

    Hopefully this will help us to “narrow down” the cause of the conflict and/or identify additional possible reasons so we could fix them then.

    Best regards,

    Adam

  • Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Still no debug.log file in any of the folders under public_html, that I could find.

    And, on my end, the problem still existed with all other plugins disabled and only the Divi theme and CoursePress Pro installed.

    Please advise!

    Ken

  • Ken
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Ok, I deleted entirely a number of plugins, including the CoursePress Pro instance. I got my hopes up because it had been showing up as just CoursePress, not CoursePress Pro. And this time it installed as CoursePress Pro. But the same thing happened. Front End Divi editing failed.

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Ken

    Thank you for additional information.

    I checked your site again and noticed that I was actually testing this with slightly older version of Divi. Apparently that’s exactly why I wasn’t able to replicate this at first. With the latest Divi this exactly happens and I can fully replicate this.

    It seems that something’s been changed in Divi code in the way that the conflict occurs and there’s a set of a bit “random” JS errors showing up in a browser console. I looked for some possible changes in settings that could fix that and for some known issues similar to this but couldn’t find anything so it would confirm that it’s strictly related to these two: recent Divi and CoursePress.

    That being said, I have already reported it as a compatibility bug to our developers so they would look into it in order to identify the specific cause of the issue and provide the fix.

    I’m not able to give an ETA on this but please keep the CoursePress plugin up to date (as the fix would most likely be released in form of update) but also keep an eye on this ticket in case we had some additional information or some sort of a patch for you before the fix is released.

    Kind regards,

    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.